Internal Control Officer at Audacious Business Concept
Audacious is Nigeria’s fastest growing fashion retail organization. The company retails female apparel (casual, business Casual, business) to the discerning woman.
Audacious currently has Eleven outlets in different locations in Nigeria and plans to add more before the end of year 2017. We are very conscious of the importance of a convenient shopping experience for our clientele, this is why all our outlets are in the prime malls in the country.
Internal Control Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The Internal Control Officer assists in carrying out given tasks towards achieving the purpose and objective of the business.
- Successful candidates will have the opportunity of an exciting career path that can lead to higher positions.
- Ensure reliability and sufficiency of the financial and management information generated and reported by the Accounts Officers
- Investigate issues relating to sales, returns/exchange and discrepancies of merchandise and ensure compliance to related policies
- Ensure compliance to organisational policies and procedures
- Ensure the accuracy of the inventory data base of the company as a whole
- Ensure there are duly authorized documentary approvals for every transaction
- Carry out audit checks across the company’s outlets
- Confirm in-coming and out-going merchandise in the warehouse
- Monitor inter-branch transfers and sales layaway requests
- Participate in physical stock taking exercise across branches
- Ensure compliance to laid down company policies and to statutory regulations
- Periodic confirmation of the existence of all fixed (tangible) assets and ensure they are properly and adequately accounted for.
- Assess and identify potential risk areas within the organization and make appropriate recommendation to mitigate them.
- Evaluating and improving the internal control, accounting systems and organization procedures to determine that they are properly designed, functioning and regularly updated
- Assist other functional units within the department in carrying out jobs as required by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Accounting or other related courses
- 1-3 years experience in Internal Control and audit
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to handle people, processes and products
- Attention to details
- Sound analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Effective communications skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV’s to: email@example.com