Internal Audit Officer At Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Internal Audit Officer
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
Reporting To: Audit Supervisor
- He will be responsible for assisting the Audit Supervisor in day to day operations related to technical, commercial, and financial audits
- Assist and coordinate various departments/agencies, making available relevant records for the purpose of carrying out technical, commercial, or financial audits.
- In collaboration with the process/business owners, perform risk assessments in line with the risk management framework to aid planning of the audit procedures.
- Developing audit/work programmes based on the result of the risk assessment prior to commencement of the audits.
- Carry out technical, financial, and commercial audits in IE and prepare quality audit reports.
- Follow up on highlighted observations on all audit reports.
- Carry out investigation into the infractions and other incidents and issue quality reports for decision making and following up to ensure implementation of recommendations.
- Perform specialized reviews, issue quality reports and follow up to ensure implementation.
- Record keeping of audit reports and all key communication with other departments.
- Perform other duties as requested by Head, Internal Audit Department, Team Leader Audit and Team Member Audit
- Ideal candidate MUST be a chartered accountant with relevant university degree or its equivalent in science or social science
- Post qualification experience of 3 years in energy, power, financial or manufacturing sector.
- Communication skills.
- Problem identification and solution skills.
- Ability to promote value of internal audit.
- Understand industry, regulatory, and standards changes.
- Organizational skills.
- Conflict resolution/negotiation skill.
- Accounting frameworks, tools, and techniques.
- Ability to promote value of internal audit
- Team building.
- Change catalyst.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company career website on careers.ikejaelectric.com to apply