Internal Audit Officer at Graceco Nigeria Limited
We are a food processing and manufacturing company with specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. We are a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
In our company you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfil their potential. Our rapid expanding business means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight and acquire life time experience.
Job location and working hours: The position is located at Alagbado Lagos, Nigeria. Working time is normally between 8am-5pm Mondays to Saturdays.
Internal Audit Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Generate reliable and pertinent data for management decision
- Review past transactions to ensure they follow laid SOP
- Maintains confidentiality of information ensuring that top secret ideas are accorded the confidentiality they deserve
- Monitor loading and offloading of products/raw material to check fraud
- Work with senior internal auditor of the company to ensure proper scrutiny of its accounts.
- Review important financial reports and other documents for accuracy
- Assist the Internal audit team in data gathering and investigation
- Document audit findings into audit report format as the audit progresses
- Work to issue audit report in timely manner
- Others as may be assigned.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple projects in a dynamic fastpaced environment. He or she will be well versed in all Microsoft programs including excel, power point, and word. He/she must have:
- Ability to operate in team as leader and follower
- Ability to handle successfully and effectively assigned responsibility for specific assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability to write strong business report
- Effective people supervision skill; Possess the confidence and ability to influence people; strong physical presence and energy
- Possess excellent inter personal skills; be selfmotivated
- Possess high level of initiative and emotional intelligence; able to think outside the box
- Sound awareness of emerging issues within and outside department/ organisation with the ability to adapt to the changing operating environment of the sector
- Suggest innovative solutions to common departmental problem
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicant should have HND/B.Sc. in relevant field in Accounting.
- Applicant must have at least three years experience in a manufacturing/FMCG.
- Must be able to operate computer (Ms Word, Ms excel etc.)
You will need to show:
- the capacity to understand a range of accounting functions and procedures
- ability to learn new software
- team working skills to work cooperatively and liaise with people at all levels
- the ability to negotiate with, and persuade others
- problemsolving skills
- the confidence to respond positively when under pressure
- People management skills, high level of initiative and selfmanagement skill.
Method of Application
Interested applicant should send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org