Internal Audit & Compliance Manager at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization Wewe
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a registered reputable national non-governmental organization that provides socio-economic empowerment to orphans, vulnerable children and widows in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit & Compliance Manager
Job Reference Code: WEWE-LOPIN2AUDMGR
- This is a managerial position reporting to the Audit & Compliance Director. This position will ensure adequate annual audit plan is maintained and monitored for all LOPIN-2 projects and Headquarters, Implementing Agents (IAs)/ sub recipients and ensure efficient, effective and compliant grant management of the USAID grant.
- S/He will conduct audits of USAID sub-recipients/sub-contractors’ financial reports, assessment of internal control systems, verification of assets, and ensure compliance with contract terms and donor rules and regulations.
- S/He will also review USAID transactions at the WEWE head office and field offices to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- S/He will conduct investigation or forensic audit if fraudulent activities are suspected and assist during annual donor and external audits activities.
- Must possess first degree (B.Sc./HND) in Accounting or its equivalent in related field ACA/ACCA certification is a key requirement for this position
- A Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance or relevant field is an added advantage.
- Must possess a minimum of seven (7) years post NYSC experience in full control/compliance function in a non-governmental or other relevant Organisation with at least 2 years at a managerial level
- S/He must possess ability to use relevant accounting software and ERP software such as QuickBooks
- Must possess excellent planning and Organisational skills
- Creativity and strong analytical skills are important for this position
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and must possess a high level of integrity and responsibility
- Must be ready to travel at short notices for audit assignments.
- Must possess good report writing skills
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV’s and Cover Letter in only one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.
- Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when a suitable candidate is selected.
- Please, indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please you are advised to provide your functional emails/mobile phone number on your CV as well as that of your three referees.
- “WEWE is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate based on tribe, state of origin within Nigeria, religion, age, sex, race or on different physical ability. WEWE does not require that this information is included in your application and it will not be used as selection criteria”.