Interior Designer at Mercy Corps Nigeria
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we collaborate to put bold solutions into action – helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within. Now, and for the future. In Nigeria, Mercy Corps has worked since 2012 by focusing its programming on adolescent girls’ empowerment, economic development, conflict mitigation, and humanitarian response.
Interior Designer – Consultancy
- Job Type Full Time
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Building and Construction Consultancy
- Analyze Mercy Corps’ needs and goals.
- Integrate findings with knowledge of interior design, economic trends as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Formulate design concepts that are functional, fiscally appropriate and aesthetically pleasing.
- Oversee the interior design process including project budgeting and schedules.
- Prepare working drawings and specifications for interior construction, space planning, materials, finishes, furnishings, fixtures and equipment.
- Collaborate with other practitioners who offer professional services in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical and structural design, while following Mercy Corps procurement policies.
- Review and evaluate construction during implementation and coordinate the completion of the project with the Mercy Corps team.
- Meetings with key Mercy Corps Nigeria stakeholders.
- Presentation of layout of new office space, mock-up of office design.
- Bill of quantities for recommended office purchases (e.g., furniture, artwork) with recommended suppliers.
- Project management plan for office re-design.
- Completion of re-design.
- Mercy Corps seeks to move into the office space in early January. The recommended timeframe is:
- Meeting with Mercy Corps stakeholders and senior managers (two days).
- Design of layout and office mock-ups (one week).
- Bill of quantities and project management plan for design (one week).
- Site work (two weeks).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates/companies should send their Expression of Interest (EOI) along with other relevant supporting documentations: email@example.com
- Interested companies should be registered to do business in Nigeria and submit copies of their CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate and proof of their ability to provide interior design services.
- Subject for the email should clearly state EOI for “Interior Designer”
- Submissions after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
- Proposals from companies who did not submit an Expression of Interest will not be evaluated.
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only qualified companies who submit all required document will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity organization and we strongly encourage women to apply for this position.