Infrastructure Support Trainee at Venture Garden Nigeria
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk-taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it!
Infrastructure Support Trainee
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Graduate Jobs ICT / Computer
We are looking for an Infrastructure Support Specialist to maintain, upgrade and manage on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our server infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Reports to: HNI Architect
- Department: Hardware, Network, & Infrastructure
- Flexibility & Open working conditions.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities
We welcome applications from junior to mid-level candidates with the following set of skills and experience:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Server Operating systems
- Work with cloud-based technologies and architecture
- Demonstrate an understanding of networking administration and concepts
- Familiar with Virtualization technology.
- General knowledge of system administration (Microsoft Windows and Linux)
- Ability to create and write clear, complete documentation including policies/procedures and diagrams
- Ability to adhere to a Change Management Process based on the ITIL framework
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate in a team environment.
Job competencies and capabilities
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, related field or related work experience.
- MCSA certification preferable.
- CCNA/CCNP certification preferable.
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Mac OS X Server products.
- Knowledge of Exchange and SMTP.
- Knowledge of directory services, Active Directory and Open Directory.
- Listening and Communication Skills.
- People/Interpersonal Skills.
- Organizational Skills.
- Good time management Skills
- Calm and patient; not easily angered.
- Highly organized and efficient; able to multi-task effectively and prioritize work based on the minimal direction and multiple competing priorities
- Can-do approach
- Discreet and respects confidentiality
- Integrity and high personal ethical standards
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVs to email@example.com