Infrastructure Specialist at A Large Bank – Growth in Value Alliance Gv Alliance Partners
GVA Partners – Our client, a large Bank, Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Infrastructure Specialist
- The ideal candidate will responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Also ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners
- He will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of the company’s standard Project Methodology (SDLC)
- These activities include: the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle
- Accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows (both physical and virtual) systems that support LAN infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support security and email systems
- Responsibilities on these systems include installation, engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development
- Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues with computer systems.
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environments.
- Performing routine audits of systems and software.
- Performing backups.
- Applying operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software (e.g. database systems).
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc.
- Answering technical queries and dealing with often frustrated users.
- Responsibility for security.
- Responsibility for documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems.
- System performance tuning.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure is up and running.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft (preferred);
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- B.Sc Degree in Computer Science, Engineering discipline, Mathematics or Physics will be a distinct advantage.
- Minimum of 4+ years post National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in server/desktop administration; experience within an exchange or financial services organization preferred
- CISCO CCIE full certification (written and Lab Exam) (Required)
Application Closing Date
19h February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s in MS Word format with Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Infrastructure Specialist” as the subject of e-mail.
Note: Only applications with CCIE (written and LAB) Certifications will be considered.