Information Technology (IT) Engineer Job vacancy at 478 Limited
478limited is your number one Online Wholesale store in Nigeria. It’s an online store where you can get virtually all you are looking for such as; Beverages, Cereals, Pasta Toiletries, Child Care, Canned Goods, Snacks, Candy and more online and have them delivered directly to you. 478 has a payment options that suits your need also available is pay-on-delivery for your convenience.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Information Technology (IT) Engineer
- As a result of our strong growth and expansion, we always welcome CV’s from young, dynamic, focused, results-oriented professionals who would like to join our team of excellence.
- We are currently looking for an IT Engineer to be part of the team responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
- The IT Engineer will help in the implementation and maintenance of our company’s computing needs.
- The successful candidate will have improved skills, a proven professional experience and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes and should be able to work in a team that will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department.
- If you would, then you need to apply for this job
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Controlling and evaluating IT and electronic data operations
- Assist in planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating IT and electronic data operations
- Assist to design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Assist to strategically develop and direct the implementation of IT operational plans, projects, programs and systems
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Liaise with external solution providers to ensure that the organisation remains at the cutting edge of IT developments.
- Oversee the development of specific improvement plans for each area of responsibility and provide regular status reports regarding progress of plan implementation
- Review, recommend and direct the appropriate capital expenditures to support the IT strategy
- Design and implement changes and improvements in automated management information system.
- Develop and implement a disaster recovery plan and procedures to ensure minimal interruption to business operations
- Assist to manage IT department in order to provide reliable services and support to other divisions (but not limited to, internet and email, file back-ups, network, computers, systems interfaces and printers etc.)
- Establish a maintenance routine to keep IT infrastructures in working conditions at all time.
- Maintain the inter/intra net and ensure minimal down time.
- Facilitate the optimization of the company’s software system and ensure availability of appropriate information
- Assist other departments and divisions with analysis of collected data by creating and maintaining reporting tools
- IT Risk Management
- Develop a standard computing process to be used on all IT infrastructures to minimize risks to the company.
- Manage physical and access controls over all IT infrastructure within the company.
- Preserve and protect IT related assets.
- IT Systems and Support services management
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguard measures within the IT environment.
- Maintain the company’s IT network, servers and security systems.
- Investigate and diagnose network problems.
- Make recommendations for improving the company’s IT systems.
- Proven working experience as an Information Technology (IT) Engineer or relevant experience (minimum of 2 years work experience) in a reputable company
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, organizational and oral/verbal communication skills.
- The position is located in Lagos.
- B.Sc in Computer Engineering, ICT or similar field is required
- Professional IT certification
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV’s and Application, Using the “Job Title” as the email subject to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 11th November, 2017.