Information & Communications Technology Officer at Christian Aid
Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
Information & Communications Technology Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja
- Job Field ICT / Computer
About the role
The ICT Officer will implement, develop, support and maintain Christian Aid’s IT Systems and to be responsible for the majority of CAs Network infrastructure from core Microsoft Windows Servers to IP Telephony systems etc. This role will be accountable for improving CA’s IT functionality by researching new options and recommending the adoption of new technology and new concepts for the organisation in consultation with International ICT Operations team. The ICT Officer will support ICT services provided to multiple offices within Nigeria.
- You are required to have an A+ Certification Hardware and Software Skills or equivalent and Network+ or equivalent.
- You will have knowledge of TCP/IP networking sufficient to implement and troubleshoot small networks as well as support skills in Windows and Microsoft office.
- You will have knowledge of generators, inverters UPS and other backup power options.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, good organisation and time management skills.
- You are required to have good communications and record keeping skills.
- MS Certification in Basic Administration of Windows desktop operating systems is desirable.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, religion or belief.
- You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits, including flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
Please tell us about a time when you were able to take action to end or reduce the inefficient use of resources. What was the context? What was expected of you? What action(s) did you take? What was the impact of your actions? In what way(s) were you successful?
Tell us about a time when you planned, prioritised and monitored your own work to meet the team’s objectives to the standards required. What was your context? What was your task/responsibility? How did you make your plan? What actions did you take?What was the impact of your actions? Were you successful? How did you know?
Please tell us about a time when you took action to address gaps in your own knowledge and skills without being prompted. What was the context? What gaps did you identify? How did you identify them? What action(s) did you take? Why? What else did you consider? What were the results? Were you satisfied by the outcome? What did you learn?
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Christian Aid career website on jobs.christianaid.org.uk to apply