Individual Consultant – Procurement Notice-National Energy Efficiency Specialist at the United Nations Development Programme
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Individual Consultant – Procurement Notice-National Energy Efficiency Specialist
Location: Home-based with possible travel to Abuja, Nigeria
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Starting Date: (date when the selected candidate is expected to start) 20th March, 2018
Duration of Initial Contract: 22 weeks
Expected Duration of Assignment: 22 weeks
- Description of the assignment: Consultancy to Prepare GEF Full Size Project Documents
- Energy Efficiency Specialist (National Consultant)
- Project name: De-risking Sustainable Off-grid Lighting Solutions in Nigeria
- GEF Focal Area: Climate Change
- Period of assignment/services: 22 weeks
Qualifications and Eligibility
- Make sure you are qualified and eligible
- UNDP is a public organization and as such must diligently follow its financial regulations and rules. All UNDP procurement is subject to the relevant policies set forth by the Bureau of Management. All UNDP Suppliers must abide by the UN Supplier Code of Conduct. Under this framework, all vendors must be qualified, as well as eligible.
- While qualification criteria may be further specified to meet the needs of a particular purchase, in general terms all qualified UNDP vendors must meet the following commercial criteria:
- Have adequate financial resources to perform the contract or the ability to obtain them;
- Be able to provide audited financial statements for completed fiscal years upon request;
- Be able to comply fully and effectively with UNDP General Terms and Conditions of Contract;
- Have the necessary organization, facilities, experience, accounting and operational controls; adequate insurance and technical skills (including, as needed, quality controls, property and production control systems, standards and safety programmes applicable to goods produced or services performed);
- Have a record of satisfactory performance with UNDP, when applicable; and
- Have sufficient material and financial resources to meet all existing commercial commitments.
- Eligible vendors are qualified vendors that have not been temporarily suspended or debarred by UNDP or another UN agency, fund or programme. For more details regarding suspended vendors, please view our Protests abd sanctions page. UNDP also considers vendors included in the Security Council Resolution Lists (1267, 1989) to be ineligible for UNDP contracts. If you are a consortium, holding or parent company, the entire group must meet these eligibility requirements.
Application Closing Date
2nd March, 2018.
- Any request for clarification must be sent in writing, or by standard electronic communication to the address or e-mail indicated above
- UNDP Nigeria will respond in writing or by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all consultants.