ICT Infrastructure Engineer at Lagos Business School (LBS)
Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information and Communication Technology
Business Unit: Pan-Atlantic University/Lagos Business School
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Directly Supervises: Nil
Position Type: Regular/Permanent/Full Time
Purpose of Position
- Responsible for the management of all ICT infrastructure services delivery.
- It will own, operate, monitor and optimize the technology infrastructure and contribute greatly in total cost of ownership (TCO) reduction.
- It will also play a leading role in the improvement of services and the adoption of recommended standards, policies, procedures and processes – especially in the migration of LBS ICT infrastructure to agreed architecture and subsequent operation.
Essential Duties/Key Job Roles And Responsibilities
These include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure the smooth functioning of the networking infrastructure of the School at all times.
- Responsible for the implementation, installation and maintenance of ICT infrastructure components of LBS networks.
- Serve as contact point for all ICT infrastructure technical service enquiries.
- Responsible for all the hardware components of the network (including UPS, PABX, IP telephony solutions, Voice over IP, local area network, switches, routers, firewall, Internet access) and their interconnections.
- Work closely with other members of the ICT team to ensure proper implementation of all ICT infrastructure and their alignment to business needs.
Provide the necessary expertise, guidance and systems to ensure adequate delivery of:
- ICT inrastructure projects
- ICT infrastructure changes
- ICT infrastructure vendor management
- ICT asset management
- Ensure that agreed ICT policies and standard IT service management processes are applied in all assigned responsibilities
- Ensure effective evaluation of business risks and issues related to operational incidents and changes.
- Implement appropriate risk management processes and take timely actions in managing potential points of failure.
- Plan and manage assigned responsibilities to ensure excellent delivery of agreed objectives and outputs.
- Work closely with ICT team members to understand service requirements and ensure adequate planning, design, implementation and transition to agreed service model
- Adequate understanding of business and ICT end-user needs and subsequent translation into technical scope of work that will aid realization of the identified requirements.
- Ensure good working condition of all deployed audio visual devices by working closely with all relevant stakeholders.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in all ICT infrastructures related projects.
- B.Sc Computer Sc./Electrical Engr. An additional post graduate degree will be an added advantage (PgD, MBA, MSC, etc).
- Various ICT certifications is an added advantage e.g. CCNA, CCNP, MCSE.
- Minimum of 4 years ICT related experience in a medium/large organization.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Appropriate ICT networks whilst ensuring continuous availability for all users
- Effective resolution of technical problems through appropriate resource management and issue prioritisation
- Well planned change control and minimum unplanned downtime of ICT facilities
- Security of networks, systems and data
- Continuous development approach to skills
- Good understanding of business orientation and satisfactory skills in business analysis
- Thorough knowledge of ICT network/systems design, analysis and productivity tools.
- Excellent project planning, change management and time management skills
- Good and flexible communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Continuous approach to upgrading of ICT skills
- Supplier management skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Versed knowledge of modern communication and structured building cabling systems (including fiber optics).
- Experience in writing and reviewing technical briefs for very complex ICT infrastructure installations
- Experience in the operation and management of modern data centre ICT facilities (backup power, cooling systems, equipment racks, cabling systems)
- Very good knowledge of wireless and wired network infrastructure technologies, especially TCP/IP, Ethernet and encryption.
- Good knowledge of voice communication technologies – Voice over IP (VoIP), IP telephony and Cisco unified communications tools.
- Project management skills using PRINCE2 or PMBOK
- Good working knowledge of audio visual systems and CCTV (closed circuit television).
- Honours’ degree in Computer/Electronic/Electrical Engineering with up to 4 years post graduation experience.
- Excellent relationship is required with internal customers ranging from staff members, senior managers, management and students
- Liaison must be maintained with ICT colleagues at all levels
- Links with external suppliers, including external service providers of other departments in the School – especially Operations.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: email@example.com