HR Support Intern at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: HR Support Intern
Job ID: 13-9810
Reports To: Country HR Manager
- The objective of the Human Resources Support Intern position is to assist HR Unit with interviews and hiring actions, ensuring completion of employee’s documentation and administration, complete administrative tasks related to all aspects of human resources management.
- She/he will be required to assist in preparing job advertisement and general correspondence, arrange, coordinate logistics support for selection and maintain personnel files for country and field offices.
- He/she will perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Country HR Manager.
- Assist with staff recruitment by sending invitations, scheduling & doing reference check, informs job applicants of their acceptance or rejection for employment
- Informing COPs/PDs and team members of joining dates of new hires and coordinate with other departments for necessary arrangements
- Entering of new hire details in the Nuview system
- Assist to conduct exit interview for exiting staff and prepare a monthly exit interview report
- Be aware of changes or updates in the country labor laws and inform the HR Specialists of reecent developments
- Maintain personnel records tracking employment history, Confirmation, promotions, transfers, salaries, and training
- Issuing of letter of employment and confirmation to newly employed staff
- Verification of certificates and follow-up on response from former employer and
- Ensure that all documents in respect of new employees are received in good time to facilitate prompt confirmation of appointment
- Updating the HR online databases
- Prepare monthly HR reports
- Administering payroll system and maintaining staff related records
- Review Time Sheets for errors and correctness
- Planning, coordinating and conducting training occasionally, including induction programs for new hires
- Process of staff benefits such as health insurance and life/Accident insurance Plan
- Serve as the liaison between field offices and head office for HR related activities
- Conduct terror check for new hires
- Collect approved leave form and updates the tracking sheet
- Draft correspondence for and on behalf of MSH staff
- And any other duties that may be assign from time to time
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Business Management, Human Resources Management, Psychology, or Social Administration
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in human resources management, including recruitment and personnel management
- Ability to understand comprehensive information.
- Basic numeracy and IT skills required for operating various systems.
- Ability to interpret, analyzes, and explains the official framework employment regulation.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills in implementing personnel policies
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new recruitment techniques, methods, and procedures.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters discreetly and gain the trust and confidence of colleagues; experience in conflict resolution helpful
- Competences to assess priorities, manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines
- Proven ability to successfully participate on teams in a fast-paced environment
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communications, teamwork and collaborating abilities
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume and sensitive work flow, knowledge of USAID employment regulations
- Fluency in oral and written English required
- Willingness to travel within Nigeria regularly as required
Application Closing Date
12th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online