Healthy Living Kitchen New Positions [2 Positions]
Healthy Living Kitchen (HLK), is a food processing company. We are currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Food Technologist
Location: Jos – Plateau
- As a food technologist, it is your job to make sure food products are produced safely, legally and are of the quality claimed.
- Modifying existing products and processes and developing new ones;
- Checking and improving safety and quality control procedures in your own and suppliers’ factories, from the raw material stage through to the finished product;
- Researching current consumer markets and latest technologies to develop new product concepts;
- Selecting raw materials and other ingredients from suppliers;
- Undertaking long-term projects with other departments, e.g. reducing waste by improving efficiency;
- Working on packaging innovation and technology in food manufacturing,
- Developing the ability to repeat processes to ensure consistency and safety;
- Liaising with technical and commercial colleagues in procurement, sales, technical services and marketing and distribution, and with official food inspection and hygiene agencies ;
- Preparing product costing based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products;
- Auditing suppliers or managing internal audits;
- Coordinating launches of new products or running trials alongside or together with product development;
- Dealing with any customer complaint investigations or product issues;
- Compiling, checking and approving product specifications and labelling;
- working with engineering and production to develop solutions to production issues, while maintaining food safety.
- HND in Food/Nutrition and Health, Food Safety and Quality Management, or Food Science/Technology.
- A genuine interest in science and how it is applied to food and cookery;
- High standards of cleanliness and the ability to adhere to strict hygiene rules;excellent attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;leadership qualities;people and team-working skills;
- A flexible approach to working;numeracy and problem-solving skills;time management and organisational skills;
- An awareness of the consumer market.
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Jos – Plateau
- Assisting the Managing Director in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions.
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance director.
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts.
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices.
- Review and adhere to department budgets.
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets.
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients.
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities.
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees.
- Assist the Managing Director in creating financial reports on a regular basis.
- Adhere to the company’s or organisation’s financial policies and procedures.
- Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed.
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives.
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
Skills and Qualifications
- HND in Business, Finance, Accounting, or a related field;
- Excellent mathematical skills;
- Understanding of data privacy standards;
- Customer-service skills;
- Solid communication skills,
- Both written and verbal;
- Familiarity with business principles and practices;
- Superior attention to detail;
- Organisational skills;
- Planning skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and calculation software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
- All applications must include the position title in the subject line.
- Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and the position could be filled before the closing date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- HLK is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, race, or any other personal characteristic.
Application Deadline: 15th September , 2017.