Health & Safety Officer at Skipper Seil Group – SNL
Skipperseil group a multi-national company engaged in critical power sector and infrastructure and has been a strategic investor in generation, transmission and distribution segment of the Nigeria power sector.
Health & Safety Officer
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 1 year
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Safety and Environment / HSE
Reference Code: SNL/LOS/001
Reports to: Project Coordinator
- Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Health & Safety Officer will play a vital role in protecting employees in the workplace and project sites.
- S/He will use their expertise and experience to control risks at the office environment/ project sites and ensure that organization meets current safety standards.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations.
- Developing measures to ensure personal safety in the office/project sites
- Ensure corrective measures are put in place for unsafe acts or conditions in the work environment & project sites through regular line of authority.
- Ensure there are safety messages in every unsafe situation and come up with an action plan.
- Investigate and report accidents that have occurred within incident areas and ensure immediate report to the appropriate authority.
- Ensure preparation and implementation of site safety and health plan (SSHP)
- Regularly review, be familiar and update knowledge on applicable legislation, standards and policies and ensure compliance.
- Organize and schedule all safety staff and first aid coverage.
- Assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary
- Ensure all incident corrective actions are followed up and completed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills / Knowledge
- First degree in Engineering/ Social Sciences or any related field
- Minimum 5+ years’ hands on experience as a HSE field Officer
- Certification in HSE would be an advantage
- Minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to assess risk to company operations and activities.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Excellent Incident Investigation skills
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication, reporting, interpersonal, organization, stress management and analytic skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an updated resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject of the mail should be the Job Title
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 23 August 2019