Health Care Waste Management Advisor at Plan International
Plan International Nigeria is part is the global federation of Plan International and was registered as a National Organization in 2014 in Nigeria. Plan International works in 52 developing Countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas. Plan’s Global Strategic Goals (2017-2022) is to advance Children’s Rights and Equality for Girls ad our Ambition is, “together, we take action so that 100 million girls learn, lead, decide and thrive”. We reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised through the delivery of high-quality programmes that deliver long-lasting benefits to children and their communities.
Health Care Waste Management Advisor
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 4 years
- Location Bauchi
- Job Field Safety and Environment / HSE
Req ID: 24145
Duration of contract: 1 year
- Support Environmental management and oversight requirements for BORN and other projects including Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Management Plans, Construction Validation Reports and others as required.
- Articulate what needs to be done and work with BORN/SHOW project colleagues and engaged external consultants and stakeholders to deliver on the activities and commitments contained in the EMP and other associated responsibilities. This includes supporting Bauchi state to ensure all assisted health facilities meet minimum NPHCDA standards for waste management.
- Provide support to for capacity building of health facility staff and other key project stakeholder on Health Care Waste Management and infection prevention and control-related equipment and supplies, and infrastructural interventions such as small-scale incinerators and placenta pits.
- Support advocacy efforts aimed at state and federal authorities to adopt and support waste management policies and practices that meet WHO standards.
- The HCWM Advisor role consists of providing quality technical advice/oversight to Plan International Nigeria’s BORN and other project teams serving as Plan International Nigeria’s representative in relevant health forums within Nigeria in the area of health care waste management and environmental planning; and undertaking related policy and research activities
Qualification and Experience
- M.Sc in Environmental Sciences, Safety and Occupational Health or any other related technical field
- At least 4 years’ practical work experience in managing or supporting health care waste management and environmental planning programming on donor funded projects in Nigeria.
- Certification in health care waste management and/or environmental planning will be added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Plan International career website on career012.successfactors.eu to apply