Head, Taat Program Management Unit at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, TAAT Program Management Unit
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Lead in the implementation of fiduciary, administrative and reporting activities of the Technologies for Africa Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Program.
- Oversee the day-to-day implementation of all program administrative activities undertaken within the Program Management Unit.
- In close collaboration and in liaison with the Head of the Program Clearinghouse, ensure that program work plans and budgets are prepared and submitted for review and approvals within agreed deadlines.
- Organize the timely transfer of program resources to the various institutions leading the Commodity value chains and Enablers.
- Coordinate the compilation and review of quarterly and annual technical and financial reports from value chains and Enablers, for timely submission to the Bank.
- Prepare and organize periodic program audits by internal and external auditors and ensure that the reports are compiled and submitted to the Bank on time.
- Elaborate an administrative and financial management manual/template of procedures and processes and ensure its full implementation across the value chains and enablers.
- Ensure that funding eligibility criteria such as the establishment of special bank accounts are followed by the implementing institutions/partners and these institutions/partners accurately and timely account for fund utilization.
- Review the performance of program management unit staff and make contract renewal or non-renewal recommendations.
- Ensure that program procurement is efficiently undertaken and in accordance with Bank rules or institutional procedures where applicable.
- Coordinate all program activities including procurement, financial management, special studies, mid-term and project completion reviews.
- Organize all TAAT stakeholder technical meetings and workshops and liaise with Value Chain Leaders to ensure the presentation and publication of results and outcomes.
- Undertake any other program-related task assigned by the Director General of IITA or his designated representative.
Educational Qualifications and Experience
- An advanced Postgraduate degree preferably at the PhD level in Agriculture or a closely related field.
- A minimum of 10 years project management experience; 5 of which are in an African setting.
- Proven skills in successful project coordination and management; Experience in the management of an AfDB project will be a clear advantage
- Demonstrated success in working with multi-disciplinary teams and partnerships in a cross- cultural environment;
- Excellent social skills, including a collaborative style, proactive and innovative attitudes;
- Good experience of collaboration with NARS scientists, private partners and other stakeholders across Africa;
- Good planning and organizing capacity; and demonstrated ability to pay attention to details.
- General information: The contract will be for an initial period of three years. IITA offers internationally competitive remuneration package paid in U.S. Dollars.
Application Closing Date
16th February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send a covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work). The application should be addressed to the Head, Human Resources Service.