Head of Security at Hilton Worldwide
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Security
Job Number: HOT04KJ5
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Brand: Curio – A Collection by Hilton
Job: Security and Loss Prevention
- The Head of Security directs security personel to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience while coordinating with government and law enforcement and ensuring compliance with local safety legislation and emergency procedures.
What will I be doing?
- As the Head of Security, you are responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of security personnel, coordinating with government and law enforcement agencies, and organising patrolling of the property to deliver a safe Guest and Member experience.
- The Head of Security will also be required to liaise with their direct report on important matters and ensure that hotel is in compliance with all local safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all areas of the hotel
- Coordinate with government and law enforcement agencies as necessary
- Coordinate additional personnel for Conference and Banqueting functions
- Organise patrolling of all boundary areas, bedrooms, offices, storage areas, public areas, and function rooms
- Assist the hotel in complying with Local Fire Safety Legislation
- Assist the hotel with Local Safety Legislation being specifically responsible for compliance of the security department
- Ensure tours are carried out for the purpose of fire prevention, safe means of escape, and security
- Inquire as necessary into and report upon any thefts within the hotel using your discretion in connection with any of these matters that you deem should be reported to the police
- Liaise with the Hilton Safety/Security director on the implementation of Company Policies, guides, and matters of mutual interest
- Direct and coordinate the activities of all security personnel, engage in the implementation of safety and security procedures for the department, and provide assistance and advice to other departments in relation to security
- Prepare incident reports
- Liaise with Departmental Heads to ensure hotel staff is aware of their security responsibilities
- Plan, deliver and facilitate regular staff awareness training
- Be fully conversant of company terrorist procedures and convey to staff
- Be fully conversant with hotel Fire and Emergency procedures
- Responsible for management of key control within all departments
What are we looking for?
The Head of Security serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Organised and systematic approach to problem solving
- Security industry experience in managerial capacity
- Ability to listen and respond to demanding guest needs
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Good grooming standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in same or similar role
- First Aid
- Fire fighting qualification
- IT proficiency
- Fire combat training.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online