Head of Operation (Courier & Logistics) at Feminik Logistics Nigeria Limited
Feminik is a leading provider of Air, and Ground Freight forwarding services and International Freight Shipping. Since 2005, our Freight Forwarding service is well known for its strong domestic networking, making us your total logistics company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Operation (Courier & Logistics)
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for the implementation of business measures and strategies related to Feminik Logistics business drive.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibilities
- To manage, measure, review and take corrective action in order to ensure that inbound & outbound service quality meets customer requirements and company standards
- To ensure all pick-ups are performed on time to meet committed service standards and the documentation is correct
- To ensure timely and accurate communication of information which affects service quality
- To manage and ensure strict compliance of security procedures and regulations for Road and Air operations
- To manage and control costs whilst ensuring that operational service standards are continuously met in order to achieve budgets
- Participation in budgeting and budget implementation process for the courier services business
- To organize the operational structure, procedures and resources and ensure effective sourcing, induction, training and development of operational staff in order to optimize the performance of people
- Ensure that all delivery machinery (bikes, bus and truck) and equipment are in good working condition
- Check that all delivery officers have the correct gear and are always properly kitted when fulfilling orders
- Provide oversight of the delivery, administrative and customer service units
- Work with customer service officer to receive and schedule jobs
- Keep track of all out-of-state and international deliveries and provide status reports to customers and management
- Work with customer service officer to prepare and send quotes for all international freight
- Establish priorities and sequences for processing and dispatching of customer requests
- Assign daily tasks to dispatch officers and track job performance
- Create and disseminate weekend schedules for staff and keep an updated calendar with records of shifts
- Create and maintain records of equipment and machinery purchase, servicing, repair and replacement
- Inspect the office daily and ensure that it is kept tidy
- Plan and organize tasks and resources to achieve strategic goals and objectives
- Collaborate and coordinate with other departments to efficiently meet the needs of customers
- Improve operational systems, processes and policies in alignment with the company’s mission – specifically, support better management reporting, information flow, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of all vendor/ third party engagements (SME’s, repair workmen, logistic companies) etc.
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy sessions
- Assign tasks according to personal abilities and limitations; ensure fair and consistent workload distribution
- Review operating reports and resolve operational, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Monitor, develop and revise standard operational procedures and work practices in accordance with regulatory and organizational standards.
- Take appropriate and timely action in disciplinary situations; document actions taken in accordance with policy
- Perform other managerial duties as assigned
- Stay abreast of all regulatory and statutory requirements and ensure that the company is compliant
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Business Management, Project management or any related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years combined Operations and General Management experience ideally served managing a direct express, courier, freight forwarding / international courier / delivery or B2B oriented business services depot
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience senior operational management role.
- Those with previous experience in Courier Operations will have a distinct advantage
- Must be commercially aware with a passion for customer service and delivery with very strict timelines
- Excellent people management and team leadership skills within a dynamic environment
- Strong operations analytical skills and ability to simplify the complex and continuously identify new opportunities
- Previous experience in people management is essential
- Highly flexible and adaptable and keen to work in a different cultural and social environment
- Ability to multitask
- Result-oriented team player with exceptional motivation and interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Must be able to prepare management reports and correspondence
- Good leadership, stress and time management skills