Head of Fashion Job at Tiskies
Tiskies, an African contemporary fashion outfit specializing in African fabrics and western materials to produce a well detailed mix of exquisite fashion for both men and women.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Fashion
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- We are seeking for a Head of Fashion to join our growing team. He/She will design, produce, and present new fashion apparel that is on trend.
- Ability to understand and interpret prints
- Devise efficient fashion design plans and foster new fashion concepts
- Adapting designs for mass production
- Share fashion insights and analysis with buyers to help them choose the appropriate inventory purchases
- Coordinate with salespeople, designers, production team and manufacturers
- Select garments and accessories that will be used for promotional marketing
- Consider the needs of the target consumers, the new trends, purpose of the event and create and ensemble by combining cloths and accessories.
- Be aware of what the consumers want and display clothes in such a way that it attracts more of them
- Owns and manage vertical calendar; assure that all critical deadlines are met by the cross functional teams.
- Conduct trend research and interpret style
- Create and present seasonal concept direction on themes, colors, print inspiration, key fabrics and life style
- Create and present material and print pattern
- Create concept boards for presenting big ideas and key looks
- Attend design, fabric fashion, yarn and trim shows
- Travel to stores and competitive shopping locations to gain inspiration and pick up on trends
- Review and approve print design and strike off execution
- Coordinate activities of illustrators and drafters.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design, Merchandising, Art, or related field
- In-depth understanding of design principles, fashion, and the fashion industry
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity, innovation and flair
- Commercial awareness and business orientation
- Self-promotion and confidence
- Interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- The ability to negotiate and to influence others
- Team working skills
- Good organization and time management.
- An eye for colour and a feel for fabrics and materials
- The ability to generate ideas and concepts
- Design and visualization skills, either by hand or through computer-aided design (CAD)
- Technical skills, including pattern cutting
- Garment technology skills and knowledge
Highly competitive and very attractive in the fashion industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 4th May 2018.
Note: Only qualified and experience candidate will be contacted.