Head, Consumer Banking at a Leading Nigerian Bank – PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our Client is one of the leading Banks in Nigeria, driven by innovation and operating on the most advanced banking technology platform in the market. They offer a full range of banking products and services in retail, business and corporate banking segments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Consumer Banking
Reference Number: 130-PEO00773
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
Reports to: Head, Retail Banking Directorate
- The Head, Consumer Banking has full responsibility for the oversight of Consumer Banking Businesses and initiatives to ensure successful customer service delivery and strategy implementation.
- Responsibilities of the position include P&L accountability for liability and consumer loans services, new product research and business development, customer service and loyalty delivery systems, employee enrichment, education and training, performance management, cost/benefit analysis of existing products, preparation of detailed reports for executive committee and board meetings, and regulatory compliance.
Strategy & Business Development:
- Provide support to the CEO, Head Retail Businesses and other Divisional Heads for the development and communication of the Bank’s corporate strategy, business priorities and targets for all Strategic Business Units.
- Use current trends to make logic-based predictions about future consumer activities to support the articulation of a cutting-edge Consumer Banking strategy.
- Assess market conditions, and define, implement and monitor approved Consumer Banking strategies to achieve defined objectives and sustain the bank’s competitive edge.
- Drive the development of the annual consumer banking budget and ensure buy-in of Segment Managers. Review financial data and support the Segment Managers by providing input into the budgeting process.
- Drive the decision-making process for all strategic and operation matters in the Consumer Banking Division and manage the allocation of resources in line with the Division’s annual budget.
Supervise Product & Market Research and Portfolio Management:
- Provide guidance in utilizing market research to identify customer needs/trends and opportunities for new product innovation and product enhancements.
- Review market & consumer trends to identify new product opportunities across all segments; ensure identified insights are disseminated in a timely manner to aid informed decision making and execution.
- Review and analyse existing product portfolio to identify and recommend cross-selling opportunities.
Engagement with Directorate Heads & the rest of the Network:
- Drive Segment Managers’ engagement with all SBUs ensuring:
- Timely & regular communication on product performance
- Timely & regular communication on product / market changes
- Relevant product, market insights & identified Area opportunities are presented
- Successful execution and monitoring of product marketing campaigns
- Oversee Branch/Area webinars, meetings, visits and joint customer calls by Segment Heads/Product Managers to obtain market feedback and understand peculiarities of local operating environment.
Risk & Compliance:
- Manage risk arising from political/ethnic/religious conflict and potential threats to operational efficiency and revenues.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and quickly adapt to changing regulatory environment which may influence revenue-generation opportunities and increase cost of compliance.
- Work closely with Risk Management and Compliance unit to monitor and ensure product offerings are in compliance with the bank’s policies and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures delinquency management on all products in liaison with retail risk management (where applicable).
Requirements, Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum: University degree in any relevant discipline with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division (2.2).
- Masters in a Business/Finance discipline will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience with at least 10 years in the Banking Industry and 6 years in a leadership role.
- Experienced in managing relationships at a senior level and managing a diverse (in terms of skill base and experience) team of people.
- Extensive business and consumer/retail leadership experience in the banking sector.
- Must possess a track record of increasing and sustaining sales growth and profitability in challenging market conditions such as the current economic climate
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to motivate, coach and develop people
- Analytics and financial management
- Product and portfolio management
- Leadership, relationship management, negotiation, marketing and networking
- Innovation and ability to think strategically
- Business writing, communication and presentation
- Project management and time management
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite
- In-depth knowledge of the Banking industry and relevant operations
- Must stay abreast of latest industry trends in the Consumer Banking space
Application Closing Date
23rd October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online