Head of Business Development at BASF West Africa
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Business Development
- The incumbent will be responsible for regional Business development in West Africa, and will be required to lead development initiatives and integrate and align with various BASF business units operating in the cluster.
Core tasks will include:
- Providing strategy and analysis for entry into new markets, as well as to further market share and growth in existing markets, in close collaboration with the business units.
- Investigating business opportunities with significant scale and synergies to drive growth and leverage current portfolio of products and solutions in target markets and applications.
- Developing and commercializing existing and new platform opportunities to support market growth.
- Generate market intelligence for relevant industry segments in alignment with the BASF Africa strategy.
- Accumulating industry knowledge, insights and contacts.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in selected areas, staying abreast of developments and best practices (both internal and external to BASF).
- Support lobbying work in the industry and in selected associations and foster suitable partnerships. Provide active representation of BASF interests particularly for stakeholders’ management and business-driven advocacy programs
- Lead project teams to meet business objectives.
- Lead the Business Development team including Personnel management and integration in accordance with the Values & Principles of the BASF group.
- The ideal candidate should possess a relevant University qualification in a Technical or Scientific field (Master degree or higher preferred). A Post Graduate qualification in Business Management would be a distinct advantage.
- Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in development and utilization within chemical industry value chains, and be able to demonstrate high flexibility in complex market environments
- High levels of business savvy as well as strong negotiation skills would be added advantage.
- Able to think independently and work with no supervision.
- Able to travel 50% +/- domestically & international trips annually
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Application Closing Date
10th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online