HC3 Nigeria Driver at the Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)
HC3 Nigeria is working with the National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) and partnering organizations to ensure SBCC activities achieve scale and intensity throughout the country. With over 177 million people to reach, Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa. Interventions introduced have to achieve impact with a combination of wide reach and intense interpersonal communication activity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HC3 Nigeria Driver
Location: Abuja with frequent travel to project states
Reports to: The Senior Admin and HR Officer
- The Driver for the USAID HC3 Nigeria Project is responsible for providing driving and Logistics services to support the goals of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the general duties described above, specific duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive staff on official assignment within the FCT and on official trips to project states. Ensue consistent and safe transportation for staff at all time.
- Ensure that routine maintenance are scheduled for vehicles assigned to the driver. Routine maintenance includes. Daily cleaning and daily checks on vehicle as maintenance checks
- Maintain a vehicle log to record daily trips using project vehicles
- Monitor daily the fuel consumption level on the vehicle assigned to the driver
- Distribution of mail correspondence to partners within the FCT
- Work in accordance with the HC3 Vehicle policy of HC3
- This position will have no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of School Leaving Certificate
- Valid Nigeria’s driver’s license and good knowledge of the high way codes of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- At least 6 years of professional experience in similar position
- Good knowledge of vehicle maintenance issues and procedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates must possess skills in defensive driving, security & emergency driving and executive driving skills
- Fluency in English and Hausa
- Experience with International NGOs
- Thorough knowledge of Abuja city locations of NGOs, meeting venues, etc.
Application Closing Date
8th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their cover letters and CV’s only as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions exactly as described below. Any submissions that do not follow the instructions exactly will be discarded without review:
- Your cover letter should include the following:
- Address the education/experience and language skills requirement specified for the position with specific examples where necessary.
- Include the specific date when you would be able to begin work.
- Name the International NGO/NGOs you have worked with
- CV and cover letter PDF file name must be your first and last name in CAPS (e.g.: USMAN SEGUN).
- The subject line of your email should include the position applied for and location. E.g. “HC3 Nigeria Driver Position”.
- Do not include any additional certificates or documentation. Any applications that include certificates or other documents will be deleted immediately.