Guinness Nigeria Plc New Job Opportunity
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Talent Engagement Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- The Talent Engagement Manager role is highly visible to a large cross section of key and senior stakeholders which will typically involve many critical leadership roles that have a significant impact on the organisation’s ability to achieve key business outcomes
- The TEM also owns the responsibility to secure the best possible talent for Diageo, allowing the business to continue to drive a high performance culture
- The TEM will be an expert in the resourcing, hiring and talent planning process and will be a coach and mentor to their client group and will model the leadership standards enabling a high standard of best practice and facilitating brilliant talent moves and hires
- The TEM will also provide advice and guidance to business and HR stakeholders on their input to a robust multi-year talent plan and the on-going monitoring of that plan
Purpose of Role
- The TEM operates as a strategic partner to ensure all internal moves and external hires strengthen our succession pools and pipelines
- Ultimately, the TEM supports delivery of MYTP through facilitating and orchestrating talent movement and acquisition
- The role works in close partnership with all the other TEMs regionally and globally, the Candidate Pipeline Team; the Head of Talent Engagement; business stakeholders; and the broader HR community to ensure the talent agenda is strengthened and supports delivery of the business performance through a deep appreciation understanding of the commercial ambitions of the business
- Really know and understand the best internal talent by working closely with the Talent Team and what this means from a talent gap perspective; seeks to understand the gap and takes proactive steps to build external talent pools as a common process and way of working
- Has an experimental aspect to the approach of finding great talent, knows where the great talent is externally and is actively networking in the groups and associations most relevant to the talent. To be bold with trying new things not done before.
- Strong external radar for talent and process; brings external thinking into internal talent calibration conversations; brings external thinking and best practice into work methodology by experimenting with non-traditional talent pools and non-traditional talent profiles
- Measures outcomes and makes relevant and appropriate course corrections quickly if required. Knows and understand the performance metrics that drive the Talent Engagement function and how these are influences and impacted through their mind set, behaviours and actions.
- Demonstrates a deep commercial understanding of the business plans and priorities to ensure the execution of the MYTP talent agenda; is accountable for strengthening the succession pools through brilliant talent moves and acquisition; owns the talent agenda and develops strategy, plans and interventions to ensure a high quality of delivery; ensures compliance with global policies; utilises tools that enable the resourcing process and search for ways to innovate and drive improvements; delivers to KPIs
- Leverage and optimise the global Employer Brand and deploy creative sourcing strategies to hunt for the best talent for Diageo and develop strong pipelines to fill known and anticipated talent gaps, whether externally or internally
- Be a true business partner with hiring managers and HR colleagues in all talent discussions to ensure the correct level of tension is brought to conversations around taking bolder bets with internal talent. To champion the approach of potential over performance
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Ability to generate insight from data and generate action plans from data insights
- Have exceptional consultative skills and be able to influence action and change with stakeholders
- An ability to listen but also persuasively convey opinions and recommendations
- Have an understanding of the component parts of HR to understand how it is possible to deliver a high quality service to a client group
- An ability to work in the most confidential situations gaining trust and respect from candidates and hiring stakeholders.
- A resourcing expert demonstrated through an appropriate professional qualification –LinkedIn Certified Professional Recruiter, Institute of Recruiters etc.
- Experience of managing multiple senior stakeholders and candidates in a fast paced environment
- Experience of managing senior mid-career hiring
- Strong external radar and awareness of external best practice
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply