Guinness Nigeria Plc Latest Employment Opportunity
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Legal Manager
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Ref No: JR1024742
Job Type: Full time
Worker Type: Regular
- The Commercial Legal Manager will have the primary responsibility of managing external legal counsel, proactively manage claims and litigation and intellectual property and antitrust issues.
- In addition, the Commercial Legal Manager will provide legal advisory services to the whole spectrum of the business including procurement, supply, distribution, agency, production, marketing, logistics, finance and commercial and employment matters.
- S/he will manage the legal aspects of compliance, innovation, product liability, counterfeit products and compliance with the Diageo Marketing Code review of advertising and promotions.
Purpose of Role
- Enable Guinness Nigeria achieve its business objectives in a legally compliant way.
- Preserve value (financial and reputational) by minimising the risk of value leakage and contract management while maintaining compliance with laws and Diageo’s Code of Business Conduct.
- Ensure adequate focus to maximise business objectives and performance through contract management.
- Drive and institute legal, practical and workable solutions to disputes while upholding the company’s legal position and reputation consistent with values and ethical compass.
- Ensure awareness and support compliance across the business to all company policies on Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Data Privacy, Anti-Competition.
- As a commercial lawyer in line with world class in house legal function, will give increased focus on the commercial business and legal support to ensure that the business has good and solid relationships with all external stakeholders including but not limited to customers, suppliers, distributors and agents. This will include negotiation and finalisation of all agreements, providing advice on consumer, competition, labour and all other commercial law. In addition, there will be a requirement to ensure that strategic implementation is executed with excellence.
- Ensure appropriate contracts are in place for all business relationships in line with the contracts management guidelines and the Statement of Authority and manage the end to end contract management system.
- Act as business partner to the specific functions assigned and provide primary legal counselling for all processes and operations; and an ability to support the company secretarial responsibilities of a large multinational quoted company with attendant regulatory, compliance and stakeholder management obligations.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Sound commercial lawyer with exceptional analytical, drafting and negotiating skills.
- Well organised and detail oriented, working well to deadlines and comfortable working on his/her own matters or as part of a larger team on a project.
- Company Secretarial knowledge with strong organisational and stakeholder management skills.
- Not less than eight (8) years post-qualification experience as a practising lawyer in a reputable commercial law firm or in the in-house legal department of a corporate entity (or equivalent).
- Strong commercial law background especially in the negotiation and documentation of commercial contracts relevant to the company’s business and giving advice in relation to marketing, sales and promotion activities.
- Confident, relaxed and robust personality with excellent inter-personal, written and verbal communication skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply