Graduate Wash Officer-Capacity Building at Action Against Hunger | Acf-International
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Officer-Capacity Building
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The position is based in Monguno, Borno State and directly supervised by the Sector Manager-WASH.
- The WASH Officer is responsible for developing and building the process of strengthening the capacity within the community in order to increase the effectiveness,social impact and achieve the program goals and sustainability.
Task and Responsibilities
- Assess the needs of stakeholders on capacity building.
- Training of relevant stakeholders on WASH governance study and recommendations.
- Build capacity of staff at State and LGA level and advocate for improvement in WASH policies.
- Develop training plan for stakeholders according to the finding RSCA and WASH.
- Capacity building of WASH unit on the various hygiene and sanitation approaches for sustainability.
- In collaboration with the European Union project team develop coherent messages based on Action Against Hunger mandate, program objectives and approach.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree/HND in Public Health, Social Science and other related fields.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience within the humanitarian sector.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
- Fluency in Hausa and English.
- Capacity to be adaptable and flexible.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before due date once we receive applications from qualified candidates
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.