Graduate Receptionist at the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Receptionist
- Answers incoming telephones and ensures connection with proper departments or takes messages and relays information
- Handles the reception of visitors by welcoming and orienting them to the appropriate ICRC employee
- Performs some administrative work by permanently updating lists and tables and monitors telephone bills
- Regularly briefs security guards with Security-in charge and train them on handling visitors at the gate.
- Maintains incoming & outgoing correspondence registration book
- Sorts out private & professional mails. Professional mails to be handed over to individuals & professional mails to be scanned / distribution to concerned departments / individuals & hard copy to Chancellery for filing
- Contributes to better the working environment of the office and delegation as a whole
- Performs general secretarial duties as requested
- Higher National Diploma, University degree or other equivalent qualifications.
- Good knowledge of receptionist’s work. 1-2 years of professional experience in similar work.
- Good written and oral English.
- Very good knowledge of standard computer and other office equipment
- Capacity to deal with public
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Interest and skills for training of users.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with all required confidentiality.
- Rigor and good organization in daily work.
- Sense of responsibility and capacity to fix and respect priorities.
- Ability to cope with stress.
- Flexibility and availability.
- Aptitude for applying and ensuring compliance with ICRC directives and procedures.
Application Closing Date
13th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.orgclearly indicate “Receptionist Abuja” as the subject of your application