Graduate Procurement Officer recruitment at Artee Group (SPAR Nigeria)
Artee Group is one of Nigeria’s leading businesses spanning across the consumption space. While retail forms the core business activity of Artee Group, Group subsidiaries are present in shopping mall, manufacturing, real estates, among many others. At Artee Group, our statement of purpose is ‘Adding value beyond limits’. This is as true as it was in 1998, when we started out as a wholesaler in Nigeria. SPAR Park n Shop which operates in the hypermarket and supermarket retail format is today present across 3 cities of Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. In the year 2014, Artee Group launch its first shopping mall in Port Harcourt.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Ensure goods purchased are in accordance with specified requirements and match given specifications.
- Advise on methods to improve receiving, storing, and distributing materials and supplies; and maintain stock control records
- Confer with user departments and provide cost information for budgeting purposes
- Negotiate for favorable terms for purchase, e.g. discounts and credit, and follow up with the Finance Department to ensure that payments are made to the suppliers promptly.
- Ensure goods purchased are delivered to the appropriate location and/or person(s) in a timely manner, providing continuous feedback to the Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Receive delivery of materials into the store
- Verify quantities of goods delivered, inspect for damage; and sign delivery tags
- Warehousing and inventory control
- Prepare and maintain records concerning the receipt and issuance of materials
- Asset management
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.Sc in relevant field with 3 – 5 years of relevant procurement experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain accurate records relating to assigned storekeeping activities.
- Ability to maintain a computer inventory control system and analyze pertinent factors such as usage patterns, stock availability, shelf life related to stocking minimum and maximum levels.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of established storekeeping procedures, including receiving, storing, and issuing materials and supplies, and of standard inventory methods and techniques.
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Ability to adapt to Borno work environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com and the job title as the subject matter.