Graduate Procurement Assistant at RusselSmith Group
RusselSmith Group, is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Job Reference Code: RS-PMG-002
Job Type: Contract
Summary of Functions
- Assists in organizing, coordinating and monitoring the assigned project procurement activities at the various stages of work, as well as takes the appropriate measures to ensure that the entire project procurement cycle is on schedule and within the budget and in accordance with requisition or contract requirements.
- Assists in developing and implementing the procurement execution strategy and procedures in accordance with the company guidelines.
- Assists in planning and developing of project scheduling with reference to issue dates of requisitions and purchase order placement.
- Assists in monitoring the issue of material requisitions within required dates. Review requisitions for completeness and expediting all missing data and/or documents and establish early required delivery dates for equipment and materials in accordance with procedure and schedule
- Assists in analyzing and evaluating purchase requisition forms, as assigned, to ensure purchases meet requirements.
- Communicates with requesting unit or department personnel in person, by telephone or in writing when discrepancies appear on unit/department’s purchase requisitions and modifies forms accordingly to ensure adherence with company’s procurement processes
- Communicates with vendors to clarify, inform and resolve procurement issues.
- Provides assistance to office personnel on appropriate purchasing procedures.
- Assist and ensure the update of vendor database files in the company approved system in order to establish authorized vendor status.
- Assists in initiating and processing requests for quotations for department’s purchases, researching, evaluating, and making appropriate selection of product or service classification from the company master vendor list.
- Ensure authorized signatory approvals are followed, and purchase order/change orders are prepared and issued with applicable attachments.
- Maintains good relationships with vendors to provide the maximum utilization of their expertise, ideas, methods and material application in order to achieve maximum cost savings.
- Maintains the highest ethical and professional standards and ensures that all departmental guidelines are followed.
- Coordinates with the logistics personnel to assure the timely and cost effective transport of all equipment and materials to the required site.
- Maintain and file necessary vendor correspondence and purchasing documentation for information and auditing purposes in accordance with departmental file management system.
- Review, proofread, and verify forms, invoices, requisitions and financial documents as necessary for accuracy in calculation and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A good university first degree is required.
- At least one (1) years of related experience in a purchasing position
- Purchasing-related certifications i.e. Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) will be an added advantage
- 0-2 years
- Experience in supply chain development of procurement strategies is desirable
- thorough knowledge of commercial and legal terms and conditions
- Ability to manage contractual/commercial issues.
- Good coordinating and multitasking skills
- Good interpersonal and team spirit skills
- Good bargaining, pricing and negotiation skills.
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Effective time management skills
- Problem solving, data literacy and analytical skills
- Good vendor management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office tools
- Knowledge of general principles and practices of bargaining and purchasing.
- General knowledge of procurement supply chain.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.
- Quality control-the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and security-the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Document Control – Reviewing and keeping records of transaction of sale and purchase goods and services
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online