Graduate Operations Support Assistant At Mott MacDonald
Cambridge Education is an education services company of Mott MacDonald Ltd that provides expert education consultancy in partnerships with governments, donors, international development agencies and partners around the world, as they seek to enhance people’s skills and economic prospects.
Cambridge Education Nigeria Limited (CENL) is managing the Teacher Development Programme (TDP) and Developing Effective Private Education, Nigeria (DEEPEN) on behalf of the UK Department for International Department (DFID). TDP aims to provide strategic technical assistant in 6 lead states on teachers’ improvement, ultimately improving student learning. DEEPEN is using the ‘making markets work for the poor’ approach to improve the policy environment and quality of private schooling in Lagos and beyond.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture
Operations Support Assistant
- Job TypeFull Time
- Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
The Operations Support Assistant is required to support the Operations Manager to provide advice and guidance on all aspects of procurement contracting and contract administration, and monitor contracts to ensure the satisfactory and timely delivery of goods and services and the execution of works. In addition, the job holder would support the programme and technical team in drawing up schedules and itineraries for activities, and support the operations team in procurement and other administrative functions
- Support the programme and technical team in drawing up schedules and itineraries for activities, making and confirming meeting arrangement.
- Support the operations manager to prepare procurement plans in sync with technical work plans and overall CENL business strategy, implement sustainability principles in the procurement of goods, works and services, and ensure that suppliers are compliant with the company’s sustainability principles.
- Assist to receive procurement requisitions, send out requests for proposals, quotations and expression of interest, and participate in bid process: that is, purchase goods, works and services for the company.
- Support the Procurement Committee to assess the risks associated with any procurement activity and balancing the allocation of risk with the commercial benefits.
- Responsible, along with the Procurement Committee, for evaluating and managing the performance of suppliers in order to ensure suppliers meet the mandatory contractual requirements for the duration of the contract, and monitor transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.).
- Support the facilities officer to maintain the database of suppliers known as the Approved Suppliers’ List (ASL), as identified and updated by the Procurement Committee
- Support the Operations Manager to provide guidance on procurement contract matters to technical staff, operations staff, and other staff including training to new staff in contract management practices and procedures.
- Directly responsible for implementing procedures for contract management, performance and administration in compliance with company policy; monitoring compliance by office managers with established procedures and identify areas of recurrent pressure.
- Review and monitor quality of procurement contracts across all programmes, reviewing all contracts prior to execution for appropriateness, completeness and accuracy.
- Work with the Finance Department to coordinate contractual insurance requirements
- Ensure signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation.
- Develop and manage contract renewal schedules for all on-going requirement contracts.
- Maintain contractual records and documentation and control of all contract correspondence, customer contact information sheets, contractual changes, status reports and other documents for all programmes.
- Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters, ensuring timely review and approval and reconciliation of variations.
- Ensure timely follow-up and review of supplier performance evaluation, and develop tools to address unsatisfactory supplier performance
Required academic/professional qualifications, training, and experience:
- Preferably educated to a degree level or equivalent
- Good experience in administrative or related role
- Previous experience or training in contract administration and management is highly desirable
- Previous experience of working within a multi‐national team would be an added advantage
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Mott MacDonald career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply