Graduate Operations Officer at the Adamawa State Community & Social Development Agency
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a Credit from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the Implementation of the Additional Financing (AF) of the Community and Social Development Project (CSDP).
Applications are invited for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Operations Officer
- The objective of the CSDP is to sustainably increase access of poor people to improved social and natural resources infrastructure in a sustainable manner through the provision of grants to support the poor communities.
- The project is extended to December 2020, Adamawa State Government intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit to finance the hiring of the services of the following category of contracted or seconded staff that are competitively recruited into the service of the Adamawa State Community and Social Development Agency No 57 Atiku Abubakar Way Jimeta-Yola.
- Sensitise and mobilize communities on CSDP project objectives and activities as well as issues related to HIV/PJDS,
- Facilitate communities to undertake needs assessment and prioritization that are socially inclusive and environmentally sustainable;
- Facilitate communities in the formulation of CDP and GDP in line with (b) above;
- Build capacity of the CPMCs, GPMC5 and LGRC Desk Officers, as appropriate, through providing training in requisite areas e.g. Participatory Rural Appraisals (PRAs), record and book-keeping, project management, mainstreaming gender, environment and natural resources issues etc, as identified by the Project officer-IEC and Training
- Supervise the implementation of the COPs and GDPt0 ensure quality assurance;
- Ensure timely replenishment of accounts by the CPMCs and GPMCs;
- Collect, collate and forward to the M&E Department, infomiation/data on micro-project activities in communities;
- Submission of monthly, quarterly and annual departmental reports to M&E Department on schedule, through the Manager, Operations;
- Set monthly and quarterly performance targets based on the work plan;
- Submit regular reports to the Project officer or relevant section for whose activity they are deployed at any point in time.
- ResponsIble to the Project officer, Supervision.
Qualification and Experience
- A first degree or HND in Engineering, Social Sciences, Biological and Natural Sciences, Business Administration, Accountancy or related field, with at least 1 year post qualification experience in any area.
- Computer literacy and willingness to learn and work extra hours and on week-ends is a must.
- Applicants are not expected to be more than 35 years as at the time of recruitment and not above Grade level 9 if recruited from the civil service.
Application Closing Date
18th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their hand written applications and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) 10 copies each with all the necessary credentials attached to the Office of the:
Adamawa State Community & Social Development Agency,
No 57 Atiku Abubakar Road,