Graduate Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will be based in Monguno, Borno State and report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant will support with the collection of qualitative and quantitative information and program data at LGA level through surveys, assessments, post distribution monitoring, and regular market monitoring.
- He/She will support with the collation and analyzing monitoring data, as well as report on findings from monitoring activities.
- Work with program teams to ensure that information relating to Action Against Hunger and program activities is shared widely within LGAs and provide for beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks.
The task and responsibilities include:
- Quantify methods and identify data sources for program performance and impact indicators, in conjunction with respective program component teams (WASH & FSL).
- Assist in conducting project baseline, end line and progress surveys, ensuring appropriate sample size and sampling survey methods, data collection procedures, and data verification through periodic site visits.
- Provide support to improve monitoring and reporting mechanism through revised monitoring and reporting framework, through collaboration with the program team at LGA level.
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up Complaint Response Mechanism at Ward/ LGA level and handling complaint/ feedback at LGA level.
- Monitor the progress of disseminating the Action Against Hunger Principles within the beneficiaries’ community by the program team.
- Analyze and provide information to M&E Officer regarding general contextual information at the LGA level and explore opportunities in support of partnership building initiatives with LGA level government.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Economics, International Development, Statistics, Public Health, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- Have a minimum 1 years of proven experience in monitoring, evaluation and accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Have experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
- Have strong experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH.
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships and team spirit, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Have excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages
- Be fluent in English and Hausa (both written and spoken skills).
- Have data entry experience, ODK or Mobile data collection experience.
- Be willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
Application Closing Date
21st November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.