Graduate Finance and Administrative Assistant at FHI 360 – Kaduna
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time
- Under the direction of the State Team Lead, the Finance and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of accounting, administrative, and logistical support services to the state office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare monthly financial report forms which accompany executed sub project documents.
- Prepare monthly reporting/ budgets data entry into excel spreadsheets and automated MIS reports and disseminate information to country office.
- Assists in arranging travel logistics for state office staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Handles all photocopying assignments, development and printing of photographs including reproduction of recorded videotapes for the zonal office.
- Assists in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings.
- Assists in the maintenance of an efficient record/storage of all office supplies and fixed assets.
- Serves as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support services for the state office (as relevant).
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff of the state.
- Perform office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business administration
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in accounting related to NGOs and community level programs, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with administrative and secretarial skills
- Sound accounting skills
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Well developed computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Typing skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online