Graduate Compliance Assistant at the Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Compliance Assistant
Job Type: Full Time
About the job
- In order to ensure accurate and complete documentation of all projects as per the FLAT (Finance, Logistic, Admin, Transparency) compliance checklist, the Compliance Assistant will assist the Country Audit / Compliance Team in with the follow-up on procedures and filing systems of ACTED.
- S/He also provides technical support for donor external audits and due diligences preparation and follow-up.
- S/He should comply and ensure compliance to the audit code of conduct.Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the Compliance, Transparency and Documentation procedures’ enforcement
- Train/reinforce compliance capacities and knowledge of HR/FIN/LOG Officers.
- Managing spot checks on the compliance of FIN/HR/LOG processes and completing the corresponding checklist
- Ensuring that the originals of the relevant documents are received in the Capital on a monthly basis (finance vouchers, personal files, and procurement files). The effective sending remains the responsibility of each department.
- Follow-up on audit and compliance findings and recommendations
- Assist with Internal and External Audits preparation
- Prepare a monthly compliance report share it with management
- Perform other tasks as delegated by the Compliance Officer and/or Country Management.
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
- An understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in the country and the region.
- 1-2 years working experience, in the field of business is require
- University degree or advanced training/ course in Banking and Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Sociology, Social work, International affairs, Humanitarian or related field
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Office Package
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure.
- Contract length: 5 Months with possibility of extension
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
Application Closing Date
24th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following below with Applications addressed to “The Recruitment Manager” via: email@example.com The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- A cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. CV and Cover Letter should indicate and explain the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.