Graduate Community Mobilization Assistant at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Community Mobilization Assistant
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Yobe
- Job Field Graduate Jobs Medical / Health NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Fune, Yobe
- The Community Mobilization Assistant will be based in Fune, Yobe state and report to the Cash Officer.
- He/She will work with the Cash Officer to implement community mobilization activities in collaboration with the food security team and participate actively in Food Security and Livelihood activities in the community.
The task and responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Organize sensitization meetings with the community leaders, village heads, community elders, traditional leaders to communicate the details of overall Action Against Hunger program objectives.
- Undertake community mapping and other similar exercises to facilitate community level planning and decision making processes.
- Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about Cash Transfer and strengthening activities with support from SEMA, Extension workers, Community Volunteers, Traditional Leaders and other key stakeholders in feasible livelihood restoration activities at LGA level.
- Implement detailed work plan for FSL team at LGA level activities in collaboration with stakeholders and Cash Officer.
- Support the Cash Officer in ensuring that selected beneficiaries to receive cash transfers is carried out in a transparent way.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Health Information/Health Education and other related qualifications with at least 1 years experience within the humanitarian sector.
- Experience in food security and livelihood programming and community mobilization.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible, supervise and coach community volunteers.
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Ability to speak English and Hausa.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- To be resident of community area (LGA) of work, networks within the community.
- Previous NGO experience managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e.; FSL, Cash Transfers, WASH, Nutrition).
Method of Application
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International career website on acfinternational.applytojob.com to apply