General Manager at Mathills Services Limited
Mathills Services Limited is currently seeking to fill the role below
We are looking to fill the position of an experienced General Manager on behalf of our client. The General Manager oversees all aspects of the hotel operations including: guest relations, front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, finances, team building, and staff development.
The General Manager must possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and demonstrate outstanding leadership. The manager must be able to delegate responsibilities, organize complex projects, and establish priorities consistent with hotel objectives.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the hotel and its staff.
- You are accountable for budgeting and financial management, planning, organizing and directing all hotel services, including front-of-house (reception, concierge, reservations), food and beverage operations, and housekeeping.
- While taking a strategic overview and planning ahead to maximize profits, you must have strong attention to detail, be proactive and be able to set an example for staff to deliver top standard of service that meets guests’ needs and expectations.
- Ensure optimum performance and continual improvement in the five Key Result Areas
- (Guest service, employees, sales/marketing, property appearance, and profit/financial control).
- Coordinate, direct and manage staff and everyday hotel operations to achieve
- Profitability and efficiency while maintaining standards set by the hotel to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that the strategic vision for the hotel are met
- Restructure the work environment inline with best practice that would ensure profitability and improve staff work ethic
- Implement innovative out of the box ideas that would improve the hotel performance and drive sales
- Oversee the hiring of marketers that would position the hotel to profitability.
FOOD & BEVERAGES
- Total restructuring of the kitchen to best hotel standards
- Implement Inventory/Cost Control and mitigation programs at a site level to enhance profit by reducing waste and avoiding loss
- Implement opening and closing tasks such as checklist completion, cash handling and deposits.
- Achieve zero percent incident/fatality in the kitchen
- Ensure Guest satisfaction! Create a positive and upbeat atmosphere of engagement for our guests and associate
- Oversee the hiring of a house keeping supervisor
- Implement a cleaning schedule for house keepers
- Train housekeepers in line with best standards and practices
Ensure head of security comply with staff check-in and checkout procedures in line with standard hotel practices
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees
- Review Front office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis
- Verify that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all front office personnel
Requirement & Skills
Education and/or Experience: Minimum degree or equivalent training in hotel department head positions required. Management experience required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate in English. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with hotel departments, Guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically handle difficult situations and people.
Technical Skills: Knowledge of hotel property management system. Basic computer skills including word processing, spread sheets, and email. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, report, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance.
Other Skills and Abilities: Experience in meeting deadlines and multiple priorities of business demands as required. Operate office equipment such as, but not limited to, printers, fax machine, and copiers.
Ability to perform the essential functions of all positions within the hotel. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Applicant MUST be resident in Imo State or be willing to relocate.
Interested and qualified applicants should forward their CV, Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.mathillsltd.com for any inquiry.