General Coordinator (m/f) at Medecins du Monde
Medecins du Monde, is recruiting to fill the position of: Finance Officer. The position is located in Maiduguri, Borno State. Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or equivalent, with at least 2 years work experience.
Job Title: General Coordinator (M/F)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Under direct responsibility of the head of emergency department, you report to the desk officer.
- You are in charge of designing and supervising the implementation of MdM’s operational strategy in Nigeria.
More precisely, you will:
- Manage the coordination team (5 persons).
- Monitor regularly the humanitarian situation in Nigeria in collaboration with the coordination team and in case of substantial changes propose and discuss new actions with the team and the Desk officer, including the conduction of need assessments or the implementation of new activities.
- Participate in the definition of the operational plans, and are in charge of the coordination of its implementation, and the supervision of the activities in a timely manner and in the respect of MDM ethics, principles and MDM commitments.
- Ensure regular interaction, information sharing, and collaboration with other humanitarian actors in Nigeria (UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs), and in particular with the medical organizations with similar programs.
- Represent MdM with the local authorities and with local and international media.
- Are responsible for fundraising and budget management, ensuring the respect of donors contractual obligations.
- Monitor the security situation, analyze and anticipate the security evolutions.
- Define and implement safety rules up to date and guarantee their application by all the team in Nigeria.
- Manage and report on any security incident affecting MDM staff and assets.
Skills and Experience Needed:
- Extensive experience in a similar position in the humanitarian sector as general coordinator
- Experience in supervision and management of a large expatriate and national team
- Experience in representation with humanitarian actors, authorities and donors
- Experience in hard negotiations with local authorities, partners and staff
- Solid experience in a volatile security context and in security management
- Excellent communication skills, listening and diplomacy skills
- Working previously in Nigeria or the Region in an asset
- Ability to take effective decisions according to the context
- Flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
- Leadership / team spirit / diplomacy
- English fluent
- French is an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Status: Employee
- Contract: Fixed term contract
- Duration: 612 months
- Starting date: mid January 2018
- Frequent visits to Abuja.
- 2778 gross monthly salary on 13 months
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost (homework), vaccines and visas covered
- Housing allowance
- Tuition/Schooling allowance
- Living allowance (per diem) for the accompanying member if unemployed
- 22.5 RTT per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year.
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
Application Closing Date
12th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online