Fresh Jobs at Save the Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Proposal Budget/Costing Specialist
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Save The Children is looking to add a skilled Proposal Budget/Costing Specialist who is passionate about being a part of a global team of individuals committed to improving the lives of children in Nigeria.
- The post holder is responsible for analyzing and determining the essential cost elements needed for each proposal submission, in relation to the donor’s requirements, and provides timely and effective leadership, guidance and support throughout the proposal development process.
- The Proposal Budget/Costing Specialist works as part of the Program Development and Quality team to assist in development of proposal budgets.
Scope Of Role
- Reports to: Head of Business Development
- Staff directly reporting to this post:
Key Areas Of Accountability
- Thoroughly review solicitations/calls for funding and become an expert on funder instructions and requirements
- Develop proposal budget templates and guidance
- During proposals, work closely with technical advisors to identify and cost for project activities
- During proposals, work closely across all units such as Operations, Human Resource, Security, Logistics and Finance to identify and budget for operational costs
- Improve budgeting tools and processes within the Save the Children Nigeria CO, in line with Save the Children International and donor guidance
- Ensure that realistic, comprehensive and accurate budgets accompany all proposals
- Build staff capacity in budget development and budget-related areas of donor compliance; preferably including commercial contracts
Qualifications, Experience And Attributes
- Experience leading in the development of budgets for proposals for donors such as USAID, DFID, other bilaterals, foundations and/or corporations
- Experience with non-profit accounting, budget analysis and development
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- Ability to work with technical experts to cost out proposed project activities
- Experience working with field office staff and/or headquarters staff to jointly develop proposal budgets
- Preference for candidates with contract/commercial budgeting experience
- Experience building the capacity of appropriate staff on the business/cost proposal process in accordance with Save the Children policies.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Minimum 5 years overall experience, with 2-3 years developing project budgets
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to meet deliverables
- Ability to cost for complex programs
- Ability to communicate guidance clearly to non-Finance staff
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Excel skills
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
- The Procurement Officer is responsible for managing Procurement processes to ensure effective, transparent and accountable support to the Save the Children programs in Borno State.
- Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator to ensure adequate consideration for coordination of supplies deliveries and planning of program implementation.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to program/support teams on procurement of goods and services and on best procurement practices.
- Anticipate procurement bottlenecks and resolve them ahead of issues.
Key Areas of Accountability
Procurement and Supply:
- Implement procurement as per approved Save the Children International guidelines, procedures and forms.
- Check the availability and prices of requested items in the local market; liaise with Country office if procurement must be conducted there.
- Maintain and regularly update the price list.
- Maintain and regularly update current supplier database.
- Maintain, keep up-to-date and share a weekly procurement tracker, showing the current status of the requested items and the date which they are expected to be supplied to the projects
- Organize collections of required numbers of quotes for all relevant procurement’s
- Advises the Budget holder on contract allocation if relevant. Call for procurement committee meetings, take notes and documents the decision making process.
- Drafts POs according to Procurement committees proceedings for Review of relevant manager and submits for Budget holder approval
- Collate all payment file and submit to LM for check before submission to Budget holder and finance payment
- Prepare monthly summary reports on the procurement, identifying problems in operations and solutions proposed.
- Oversee all arrangements for meetings and conferences as required, ensuring these are delivered to a high quality and cost effectively
- Line manage all procurement assistants under supervision of the position by managing performance on an on-going basis
- Manage suppliers relationship up to delivery of goods / completion of service
- Follows up with Finance office on outstanding payments files. In liaison with the Senior Logistics Manager, Trouble-shoot file incompleteness and/or inconsistencies.
- Maintains and keep up-to-date a hard documentation filling system for procurement files allowing easy reference for audit purpose.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager in line with job description and capacity development plan.
- Maintain all Procurement files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner
- Produce weekly procurement tracker and send to programs and management teams at field level.
- Generate any other procurement related reports upon request (item category/ donor / time / budget… – based)
Requirements, Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- Professional international certification in procurement or logistics (e.g. CIPS, CILT) an added advantage
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English & Hausa – Excellent
- Level of IT literacy Required – (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Email system, Internet browsing) – Excellent
- Desired number of years prior experience in a similar role – 3 years
- Experience in procurement and logistics with INGO: Minimum 2 years
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment
- Experience working with Save the children
Ability and willingness to travel to projects and stay in basic conditions when necessary
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.