Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Project Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Project Manager
Location: Damasak, Borno
- The Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) Project Manager will be based in Damasak, Borno State and report to the Field Coordinator.
- The FSL Project Manager is responsible for leading the implementation and completion of Project (Recovery of livelihoods and resilience building of conflict affected populations in Damasak LGA Borno State) throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements.
The specific objectives includes but are not limited to:
- Finalize and manage the update and implementation of the detailed Project(s) Implementation Plan (PIP).
- Develop detailed monthly/weekly implementation plans to achieve the activities in the PIP.
- Manage the Project(s) Scope Documents (PSDs) such as Project Procurement plan, Monitoring and evaluation plan, Work Breakdown Structure, etc. as well as ensuring regular update of these documents in order to maintain a strong record of the project(s).
- Develop, document and work as per designs, tools, implementation modalities and guidelines.
- Identify program implementation modalities with focus on context based setting of cash delivery mechanism, appropriateness that will enhance partnership & coordination with government official and local communities, internal integration within sectors and other programs
- Develop a data collection and entry plan with tools and timeline integrated into the PSDs and PIPs in line with the Mission M&E structure and strategy.
- Manage and monitor data collection and entry in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Track the progress of activities and outcomes as well as tracking relevant project indicators.
The successful candidate will have:
- Master’s Degree in Project Management, Social Sciences, Health/Nutrition, Development or other related field with project cycle management experience at a senior level for at least 2 years in an INGO.
- Excellent management, organizational, motivational and leadership and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management and preparation of budgets for programming.
- Excellent written and spoke English with experience in managing medium to large-sized teams.
- Capacity to analyze complex information and producing creative solutions.
- Experience in general food distribution and blanket supplementary feeding programs
- Experience with donors reporting and regulations including emergency responses.
- Experience and flexibility with complex/large organizational structures and good knowledge of the humanitarian architecture and transformative agenda
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing and donor reporting.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online