Financial Analyst at PricewaterhouseCooper
PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) – Our client, within the Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sector, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience6 years
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reference Number: 130-PEO00919
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- Our client has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Financial Analyst to join their dynamic team
- This permanent position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance his/her career in finance and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive work environment.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify key issues and carry out relevant financial analysis
- Participate actively in compiling proposals for business development activities.
- Prepare feasibility studies
- Develop financial models as required and prepare financial projections (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, etc.).
- Review financial models developed by 3rd parties and other business units including the finance function
- Articulate key relevant financial metrics (e.g. IRR – Internal rate of returns, NPV – Net present value) that are based on assumptions specific to projects under consideration
- Present financial analysis in a reader friendly manner to highlight most important take-aways.
- Understand the drivers of company performance, liquidity, operational and financial efficiency as well as stakeholder value
- Understand common provisions of transaction documents (such as sale and purchase agreements) and their relationship with due diligence findings and key transaction considerations.
- Prepare and deliver due diligence reports from buy and sell sides perspectives
- Develop a comprehensive Investor Relations framework and Strategy
- Build and maintain a good reputation through clear and consistent two way communication
- Manage relationships with analysts, investors and individual shareholders
- Provide market insights to executive management; including financial trends, shareholder concerns, competitor actions and anything that might impact the company.
- Oversee and manage quarterly earning calls as well as prepare the company’s annual report.
- Interact with equity research analysts
- Identify issues necessary to be addressed, its implication and inform management about these issues
- Keep track of investors
- Analyse market and company data (also in comparison to its peers)
- Ensure that information about the company is disclosed transparently, comparatively, consistently and reliably.
Responsible for Arranging:
- Contacts with research analysts both on the sell side and buy side
- Private meetings with investors
- Shareholder meetings
- Analyst meetings
- Press conferences
- Coordinating media relations and investor communications.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience
- Must be a Chartered Accountant and a Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Minimum of 2:2 University Degree or its equivalent
- Good understanding of the economic operating environment.
- Deal Advisory or Transaction services experience will be an advantage
- Excellent persuasive and negotiation skills
- Strong numerical skills and good business acumen
- Good research and documentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Articulate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong people and project management skills
- Excellent computer skills and working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of IFRS will be an advantage
- Sound judgement, discretional ability and good decision-making skills.