Finance Manager in a Marine Services Company
Our Client, a reputable company in the Marine Services Industry is currently seeking to hire a Finance Manager who will be responsible for the Finance and Accounting, Internal Control and Investor Management as well as maintaining good Accounting systems and structures in the Organization.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Job ID: SMC/1117/FAM
Reporting to the Managing Director, your responsibilities will include the following;
- Develop annual plans and budgets for the Finance department to support the achievement of the corporate strategy.
- Update and implement financial and accounting policies, procedures, and strategies across the organization.
- Work with the MD on possible investment portfolios where funds can be channeled to.
- Manage software accounting system and ensures the business runs smoothly and profitably.
- Prepare monthly financials as well as monthly management reports for senior management.
- Compute the Return on Investments as well as Regular Fund Statements to Investors.
- Maintain accounting practices to ensure accurate and reliable data is available for business operations and planning.
- Ensures effective management of the organization’s financial resources, and compliance with annual budgets.
- Manage relationships with relevant external bodies/contacts e.g. regulatory organizations, external auditors, solicitors, banks etc.
- Ensure prompt administration of monthly payrolls, staff allowances and benefits, tax remittance, payment of insurance premiums and other statutory fees.
- Represents the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Works with the team to ensure the preparation and communication of timely, accurate, and useful financial and management reports for investors, lending institutions and the Board of Directors on a periodic and /or ad-hoc basis.
- Supervise issuance and preparation of invoices and receipts to ensure compliance with agreed standards and deadline.
- Provide periodic report to Audit Committee on Audit Plan and on Internal Audit assignmentsinvestigations.
- Ensure accurate recording of financial transactions, and prompt reconciliation of all accounts.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation and implementation of annual internal audit plans /programs and endure adherence to plans.
- Lead audits/special reviews of operations and assessment of business risk and provide recommendations for strengthening existing internal controls.
- Investigate specific cases of fraud, defalcations and other malpractices and make appropriate recommendation to prevent future re –occurrence.
- Liaise with external auditor and other business units on timely audit of the company financial accounts.
- Perform pre and post payment audit of salaries, major purchases and other transactions involving cash flow to ensure they are properly authorized and approved with supporting documents.
A suitable candidate must;
- have a good knowledge of SAGE
- have B.Sc. in Accounting & Finance or equivalent
- have M.Sc./MBA, ACCA or equivalent
- have excellent knowledge of best practice finance policies and procedures
- have excellent knowledge of accounting systems/software and practices
- be proficient in the use of relevant computer applications for financial reporting
- be vast in investment planning and portfolio management
- have strong project management skills
- have excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- have excellent presentation and communications skills
- Experience in a Marine Services Company will be an added advantage
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
stating the job ID as subject of the mail. Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format.