Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
- The Finance Manager will be based in Damaturu, Yobe State and report to the Operations Support Coordinator. The Finance Manager will monitor the base accounts, tax operation and contribute to the mission’s grant financial management, donor’s compliance & budget analysis.
The specific tasks includes:
- Guide the base on the accounting procedures and ensuring that these procedures are respected.
- Ensure compliance with in-country tax policies at the base and identify issues of overspending/underspending.
- Organize and lead monthly Budget Follow Up (BFU) meetings at the base & provide updates to Finance Coordinator for each grant.
- Monitor level of spending per budget lines and provide feedback to Finance Coordinator.
- Lead the implementation of cash management procedures and ensure they are respected.
- Organize payment for purchases falling within the monthly forecast at the base.
- Organize BFU & forecast meetings with all key staff (finance & Non-finance) to ensure the team is well trained on BFU & recognize the importance of BFU
- Design and deliver training for finance staff on accounting policies & tools at the base level
- Conduct internal audit from time to time through FAP “Financial Audit tool”
- Compile data for use in audit report along with recommendations and action plan.
The successful candidate will have:
- A bachelors degree in Finance, Management, Accounting or related field, MBA, ACCA, ICAN or similar higher degree will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in finance with NGO/INGOs.
- Strong experience in SAGA accounting system and auditing.
- A high level of professionalism, honesty, reliability, autonomy & strong sense of responsibility.
- Exceptional organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to provide support, guidance and training to financial and non-financial managers and colleagues.
- Good communication & training skills and also the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills particularly in MS Excel, literacy and numeracy.
- Fluent in English.
- Capacity to report and analyse large amount of information.
- Team management, coordination and budget management skills.
Application Closing Date
25th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online