Finance and Admin Manager at Power in Her Hand Initiative (PIHHI)
We are Power in Her Hand Initiative (PIHHI), a new non-profit, social venture and social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for women in the rural areas of northern Nigeria to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable childbirth spacing commodity; a uniject depot medroxyprogesterone actate subcutaneous (DMPA SC) known as (Sayana Press). We work as a social venture that procure Sayana Press, train community health extension workers (CHEWS) and other available community resource groups in rural areas on how to create demand, counsel patients and administer Sayana Press contraception effectively through community based distribution.
PIHHI will implement its pilot program in some selected local government areas of Sokoto state, targeting about 100 health facilities in about 100 communities to improve reproductive and maternal health by delivering the power of contraception for women to plan and space their pregnancies.
Finance and Admin Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 3 years
- Location Sokoto
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reports to: The Executive Director
We are looking for an experienced Finance and Admin Manager with solid financial, budgeting, contractual and program management skills to take on the financial, admin and contractual management of PIHHI. This includes PIHHI budget, and new business cost proposal development. Strong budgeting skills are essential. Additional program management skills are a major plus.
Sound like you? Read on…
Your specific duties would include:
Financial and Contractual Management
- Responsible for the financial performance and efficiency of the organization and the annual units budget;
- Manage timely submission of donor invoices including their preparation, review, analysis, coordination with other team members for invoice analysis and approval by the executive director;
- Coordinate with team members to ensure integrity of financial reporting to funders;
- Prepare transaction detail analysis and re-class expenses as necessary; research the reasons for the variance and propose corrective action when applicable;
- Provide technical assistance to the team regarding financial management and compliance with PIHHI’ procedures;
- Coordinate with all units to assure adherence to donor guidelines for sub-awards, consultants, and other contractual issues as well as set-up new codes for new agreements;
- Prepare, review and monitor organizational spending and accrual forecasts;
- Prepare analyses of project spending such as cost per CYP, cost per distribution and other requested financial analyses that impact programmatic performance;
- Manage and lead the annual operating budget process, including preparation of indirect budgets, department core funded budget, year to year analysis and comparison, documentation and explanation of variances and preparation;
- Coordinate and conduct budget review of proposals for as required;
- Prepare budget modifications and realignments, as necessary;
- Develop budgets and/or cost categories for new proposal bids, prepare annual budgets for operations, as well as modifications and realignments as necessary for scale-up.
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of audits for all funded grants;
Scale-up award Management
- Assist in setting up new awards for scale up operations as necessary, including ensuring appropriate pre-screening processes are conducted, in compliance with the policy;
- Financial management of scale-up awards including reviewing and processing invoices and cash requests;
- Facilitate orientations and trainings of program staff including sessions on financial and budget management for all staff; and
- Develop templates and systems for all staff to monitor and track spending against budgets.
What are we looking for?
- You have a BA in accounting, business admin or finance; a MBA/MS in Finance is highly valued but not criteria for selection;
- You have at least 3 years of experience with financial, accounting and/or contract regulations;
- You have experience managing and/or providing support to local NGOs with USAID-funded programs; previous experience in developing and managing major donor budgets gives you a distinct advantage.
- You have significant experience with accounting software, managing databases and spreadsheets;
- You are a self-starter who strives to make systems work better; you’re proactive, with strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- You have exceptional organizational skills and can manage a variety of tasks on short notice and within designated deadlines;
What would get us excited?
Systems thinking. You appreciate the value of both program and financial aspects of projects and are committed to helping teams bridge gaps between them;
Technical chops. You have previous exposure to budgeting, auditing, training and/or financial oversight of programs implemented in foreign countries
Detail-oriented. You make sure things are done right and have an eye and aptitude for professional presentation.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. You’re able to translate complex processes and articulate relevant tasks. You’re able to get results from people across diverse backgrounds and geographies.
A “Can-do” Attitude. You can prioritize in a fast-paced environment, managing and meeting competing deadlines while keeping cool under pressure.
Persistence and focus. You get the job done. Routine tasks are addressed proactively and completed with a level of autonomy, while maintaining quality, accuracy and timeliness.
Curiosity. You enjoy financial detective work, solving problems, tying up loose ends,
Passion. You’re as excited as we are about working in global reproductive health and family planning
Please submit a full CV and a comprehensive cover letter setting out your reasons for applying for the post and outlining the qualifications, experience, knowledge and skills that you feel you can bring to the role
Only application sent electronically by e-mail with the job title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that Power in Her Hand Initiative is small and new start-up, this results in modest but adequate salaries for its staff. Therefore, do not expect salaries that larger international organizations or corporations might offer.