Field Service – Technical Support Manager at Siemens Nigeria
Siemens, is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
Field Service – Technical Support Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 – 10 years
- Location Sokoto
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Req ID: 280072
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports to: Service Operations Manager.
Siemens Nigeria Limited has an exciting opportunity for a Field Service – Technical Support Manager to join an established team of Field Service Operations supporting a wide range of sites within the Nigeria, West Africa and Southern Africa.
- Responsible for delivering major specialist tasks to time and budget. Supports major projects and has responsibility for control of assigned specialist tasks and manpower.
- Coordinate complex troubleshooting activities across a wide range of products along with field engineers.
- Contributor to development of method and technical policy. Mentor to junior field service engineers. Is able to generate new business opportunities.
Customer Liaison & Communication:
- Ability to communicate on technical issues with clarity and precision both internally and externally to companys.
- Internal customers are Product Lead Centers, Market Support, Management and Engineering. External customers include end users, suppliers and regional entities.
- Other duties can include Field Service Operations, manpower planning and organization, back office support to complex enquiries, and generation of new work projects.
Complexity of Work:
- Performs the complex technical tasks in areas of rotating equipment. Has the breadth of experience to understand technical issues and to inter-relate/co-ordinate a range of technical activity. Expected to contribute original thought and present new insight into difficult issues.
- Coordinate all field service operations special tools hiring, deployment and validity of calibrations.
- Responsible for providing technical knowledge and information within own field.
- Will have some major input into field engineers’ trainings, technical audit, work planning, group strategic development, Health & Safety and knowledge capture.
- Responsible for generation of technical procedures and reports submission to customers.
- Degree qualified (Electrical, Electronics, Electro-Mechanical at 2:2 minimum) or equivalent.
- Working towards or has (COREN) status.
- 7-10 years experience on controls and engine systems or equivalent field experience desirable.
Technical Knowledge & Experience:
- Controls System and Mechanical Engineer with normally 7-10 years experience and should have or be actively working towards certification status (COREN).
- Has high awareness of commercial and market considerations.
- Graduate level, broad competency across a range of engineering subjects.
- Have reasonable experience in decision making and taking technical judgment.
- Develops new approaches and uses original thought and strategic acumen.
- Has proven technical expertise in one or more appropriate fields.
- Has excellent working knowledge of rotating equipment. Proficiency on all MS Office tools including MS Projects.
Overview of skills and experience required:
- Responsible for providing first level Engineering & Technical Support expertise for Controls Systems, Package and Mechanical related issues to both internal and external customers.
- Develop work-pack/procedure for all outages and projects.
- Excellent experiences on rotating equipment, conventional gas turbines, aero derivative gas turbines, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors.
- Provide ’round the clock’ 24hr support functionality via out of hours support hotline when required.
- Implement processes for reports approvals, approvals of design changes and mechanical modifications that may be required to bring the product up to specification.
- Follow up with customers on implementation of released Service Bulletins and Product Improvement Bulletins.
- Maintain technical library, Field Service Share-drives, reports documentations, knowledge database with technical solutions and equipment details in appropriate systems.
- Interact with Service Engineering dept to optimize installation, site repair, commissioning and maintenance procedures.
- An excellent communicator able to analyze problems, channel problems to Product Lead Centers and provide professional guidance in the resolution of issues.
- Occasionally, require to travel to provide onsite technical support, to internal and external customers and Field Engineers. Requests may be at short notice to suit customers needs and for extended periods by agreement.
- Ensure compliance with company / customer HSE policy during all activities
- Provide Technical and Engineering based support, consulting with the Customer across all PLC and home market products.
- Troubleshoot on Control Systems, Package and Mechanical related issues.
- Provide 1st line support to Field Service during un-scheduled shutdowns, including the provision of technical work-scopes.
- Ability to understand Control Systems (Hardware and Software packaging), engine, compressors mechanical systems and use knowledge to diagnose related problems and interface with products lead centers to result in corrective actions.
- Ability to understand and describe systems functions at a high level of detail and to provide support to customers field staff and Product Lead Centers through the Service Help Desk.
- An effective communicator and ability to think and work clearly under pressure.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Siemens career website on to apply