FHI 360 New Job Position Available
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant, Human Resources
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full-time
- This position is characterized by the performance of a variety of administrative and office support duties. Positions require knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services.
- Duties performed may include preparation of documents and reports, the use of office technology, compiling records, organizing and maintaining files, posting information, greeting / referring/assisting others, mail distribution, and photocopying.
- The range of duties includes, but is not limited to, collecting and verifying data, summarizing and reconciling information or financial data, records management, review and processing, research and inventory. Positions may serve as the primary staff assistant to a department or manager.
- At the advanced level, may serve as a lead worker or may provide supervision to other employees.
- Works in cooperation with other Administrative Associates to cover phones.
- Provides administrative support to staff for copying, faxing and large- scale mailings.
- Responds to staff requests for administrative support as needed.
- Sets up and maintain files, prepares reports, presentations and graphics, provides employees with office supplies, performs data entry, proofreads, and compiles special reports.
- Receives and distributes incoming mailing and coordinates outgoing mail, including courier services, postage meter account, and interoffice mail distribution.
- Schedules meetings and meeting arrangements.
- Provides meeting support as needed (e.g. scheduling conference rooms, coordinating food, logistics).
- Communicates with both internal and external personnel as required.
- Prepares and maintains documentation, plans, reports, schedules, databases, spread sheets, logs etc. to support functions.
- Assignments vary based on department and/or functional area. May handle special projects and execute research and data analysis tasks.
- Answers phones.
- Takes messages or fields/answers routine and non- routine questions.
- Provides information to callers.
Applied Knowledge & Skills
- Communicates information clearly to staff, clients, and/or public about services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
- Utilizes program specific terminology.
- Gathers readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos and other documents.
- Proofreads documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting.
- Provides answers to requests for general information.
- Records and documents information accurately.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of the area of specialization, of program procedures, methods, and practices to include knowledge of program and staff responsibilities.
- Uses established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
- Reviews data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines; performs tasks with attention to detail.
- Understands software used to perform day-to-day functions.
- Uses basic office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Identifies and recognizes problems that have established precedents and limited impact.
- Refers non- standard questions and problems to higher levels.
- Errors can be easily and quickly detected within the immediate work unit and would result only in minor disruption or expense to correct.
- Close supervision involving detailed instructions and frequent monitoring of work performance.
- Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit.
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation.
- High School/GED Diploma or International Equivalent.
- 0 – 3 Years of related experience.
- Ability to gather, recommend and summarize data for reports, finds solutions to various administrative problems, and prioritizes work.
- Work requires attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
- Less than 10%
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply