Facilities / Project Engineer at WTS Energy
WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industries. We supply engineers and consultants to our clients’ projects and operations, and perform employment outsourcing services such as workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries and is operational in over 50 countries.
Facilities / Project Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Nigeria
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Provide Facilities and Project Engineering to Engineering Department/Project Team, and cover the execution of facilities and project engineering activities namely: planning, FEED and DD, contract development and award, procurement, site and off-site construction management, and commissioning; necessary for the successful implementation and hand-over of the project facilities.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage the activities of the Engineering/Project Team and the Contractors, to complete the design, construction and commissioning of the project facilities, in accordance with specified standards and specifications.
- Manage technical project execution by coordinating and supervising contractors and engineering resources, managing risks/opportunities, changes and contract commitment.
- Ensure that HSE and sustainable development policies and standards are addressed in the development of facilities and ensure execution of on and off-site construction strictly adhere to all Company HSE and sustainable development policies and procedures
- Define requirements, evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions for technical issues within discipline area.
- Provide project construction expertise throughout all phases of project construction and implementation
- Manage contractor and sub-contractor activities in detailed engineering, construction engineering, procurement and FAT to ensure compliance with company/project specification.
- Develop, and acquire approval of, project implementation and contracting strategies, aimed at completion of the project on schedule and within the allocated budget
- Develop the detailed project execution plans, ensuring stakeholders involvement and taking into account options, constraints and contingencies with respect to external factors e.g. materials procurement and logistics, manpower availability and third-party interests. Develop the integrated activity plan. Manage proposed deviations and recommendation for project and project management approval.
- Initiate, lead and/or participate in audits and reviews, Risk Assessments, Value Engineering, HAZOPs, HAZANs, SAFOPs, etc; and ensure follow-up of recommendations, and document the process.
- Implement a change control system for field and design changes, and ensure appropriate authorization of all proposed changes.
- Actively participate in the pre- and live commissioning of the facilities, ensuring completeness of the hand-over package (spare parts and documentation) upon hand-over, and follow-up the close out of outstanding punch list items.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to evaluate and prioritize new and existing initiatives that impact Facilities and Field Operations
- Participate in process activities on a technical front to ensure successful implementation of new facilities.
- Resolve Technical issues with third party partners in line with API and ASME Codes; and ensure designs are in line with the relevant codes.
- Writing and editing of work procedures in line with manufacturers specifications and industry codes for multi-discipline projects.
- B.Sc/B.Tech. (Petroleum/Chemical/Mechanical)
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in Facilities/Project Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in Conceptual studies, front end engineering design and detailed engineering design.
- Experience in field engineering (gas plant revamps, debottlenecking, oil and gas facilities upgrade works)
- Working knowledge of a broad range of facilities and project engineering systems, tools and practices
- Good communications and writing skills
- Must have good proficiency with MS Office suite – Excel/Power point/Word
- Excellent understanding of the oil and gas industry.
- Strong technical skills, planning tools and progress reporting.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to WTS Energy career website on www.linkedin.com to apply