Event Specialist at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
he Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Event Specialist
Division: Corporate Services Division
Department: Corporate Communications Department
Report to: Digital Marketing Manager
Grade: Executive Assistant – Assistant Officer
Estimated Date of Resumption: Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more.
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange continues to evolve to meet the needs of its valued customers, and to achieve the highest level of competitiveness. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The bourse is seeking a candidate who will be responsible for Events Management, managing the setup and day-to-day execution of Brand plans, Conferences, Seminars, Exhibitions, Annual General Meetings and other Stakeholder Engagement activities and implementing corrective/adjustment actions to optimize effectiveness of the company’s Brand Management efforts.
- Events Management – Produce detailed proposals for internal and external events e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets
- Negotiate agreements with outside providers and subcontractors to ensure lowest cost and highest quality of service
- Floor Planning, Development and Design of events
- Source, interface and collate competitive quotes from suppliers on event’s Below The Line production requirements: – Invites – Event specific Interior Branding and Experiential elements – Event specific banners, backdrop posters leaflets and handbills – Event specific corporate giveaways – Source , interface and collate supplier’s competitive quotes for auxiliary services: – Artistes, Compere, et al – Catering services – Sound, Photography and Videography – Presentation Equipment, – Stage, Set and Lightings
- Evaluate impact and carry out face-lift measures
- Liaising with internal and external publics to ascertain their precise event requirements
- Ensuring safety, legal and health obligations are adhered to
- Coordinating relevant resources required for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media
- Identifying and securing speakers or special guests for internal and external events
- Overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event setup and clearing the venue efficiently
- Post-event evaluation (including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders
- Media relations: Support Media Team
- Press Briefings, Personality Interviews, Media Parleys, Conferences
- Preparation and Syndication of Press Releases and EXCO speeches
- Investor Relations (Stakeholder Forums, Annual General Meetings, etc.)
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree and/or Professional qualification in Communication, Experiential Marketing, Hospitality Management, Public Relations or Events Management.
- 3-5 years active experience in Events Management.
- Copy writing skills is an added Advantage.
- Brand Management
- Client Relationship Management
- Cost Management
- Process Management
- Attention to Detail
- Decision Making
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online