Engineer, Instrumentation at BW Offshore
BW Offshore is a leading global provider of floating production services to the oil and gas industry, with a fleet of 15 FPSOs and one FSO. The company has an excellent track record on project execution and operations, with more than 30 years of experience. The company is represented in the major oil regions world-wide, with presence across Asia Pacific, Americas, Europe and West Africa. BW Offshore is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange and is part of the BW Group, one of the world’s largest maritime groups.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer, Instrumentation
Job type: Contract
Working hours: Full-time
Working days: Day
Expected Start Date: 18/12/2017
Duration: 12 months
- BW Offshore is seeking candidates for the position of Engineer Instrumentation.
- The position will support the instrumentation engineering requirements on BW Offshore’s FPSO Life extension projects in Nigeria and render technical support to other internal activities.
- In line with NOGICDA (2010) requirements, this position is open to Nigerian Nationals only.
- Participate in all phases of FPSO Life extension projects from scope definition, engineering solutions, procurement technical assistance, construction, commissioning to completion
- Participate in designing the FPSO, including:
- Perform pre- and detailed engineering for instrumentation systems
- Prepare instrumentation documentation, including: philosophies, specifications, datasheets, technical requisitions etc.
- Provide input to PIDs and Electrical drawings, including: single lines, block diagrams, termination diagrams etc.
- Ensure the design meets regulatory, class, client and corporate requirements
- Develop material take-off and cost input for Instrumentation discipline
- Provide input to electrical and instrument databases
- Participate in and actively contribute to Instrumentation discipline activities and provide input to develop and maintain company engineering standards and best practices within the field
- Coordinate, plan and schedule Instrumentation activities to ensure a logical sequence and timely preparation, review and revision of all related documents
- Actively contribute to the development of relevant RFQ’s for module yards, integration yards, newbuild shipyards and equipment packages and prepare technical bid evaluations (input)
- Follow-up with design development, construction and testing activities
- Review vendor documentation to ensure compliance with project requirements
- Proactively support and cooperate with all engineering disciplines to achieve optimal design results including relevant input and comments to other discipline deliveries
- Work closely with and actively support supply chain, estimation, planning and other project teams
- Provide technical clarifications towards clients, sub suppliers, class and yard
- Support Technical Maintenance & Support team, Operation Managers and offshore units as and when required, including visiting Units in operation as needed for technical support and troubleshooting
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; a Master’s degree would be an advantage.
- Ideally 7 to 10 years of relevant experience within the shipping and offshore industry
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience within the FPSO industry
- Team player with the ability to lead
- Proactive and able to work independently, applying a structured and systematic approach
- Strong communication skills and the ability to ask relevant questions and provide thorough explanations
- Ability to deliver in a high pressure, fast pace project environment
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary/multinational environment
- Understand the various engineering disciplines and their interaction
- In depth knowledge of the relevant requirements of the classification societies and international rules and regulations
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- The position may require temporary assignments at project premises or on board Units
- The position may require heavy travel and long working hours in peak periods
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted