Emergency Coordinator at the Danish Refugee Council
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Coordinator
- The Emergency Coordinator is responsible for Technical back-stopping and coordination of DRC’s Emergency scale-up in North Eastern Nigeria.
- This includes response preparedness and implementation.
- S/he will directly report to the Head of Programmes.
- S/he has close working relationship with the Head of Programmes, Protection Coordinator, RRM Manager, WASH/Shelter Manager, FS Manager, Area managers, Head of Support Services, Log/Procurement manager, Security Advisor, CD, PDQM and relevant counterparts in West Africa Regional office.
- The post holder will require regular travel within and outside of Nigeria for various internal and coordination meetings, training, workshops, and other events fit with the role.
- University degree in International Development, Logistics and Supply Chain management, DRR related studies, Social Science, Management or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years working experience in similar job at international level with minimum 3 years working experience with refugees, IDPs, returnees in complex conflict context, and minimum 2 years’ experiences in the field of NFI, Shelter, WASH and demonstrated skills in planning and management of NFI distribution
- Representation skills and excellent communication and reporting writing skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is essential
- Working experiences with UN funded projects such as UNICEF, OCHA, UNHCR, WFP and other donors such as ECHO, OFDA, SDC and other humanitarian donors
- Ability to work well in unstable security environments, and under significant administrative and programming pressures.
- Previous experience in Nigeria or similar conflict context
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.