Elizade University Top Position Recruitment
Elizade University was given an operational license in February 2012. The University opened its gate to the first set of students in January 2013. Presently, the University operates 31 academic programmes being offered in the Faculties of Humanities; Social and Management Sciences; Basic and Applied Sciences; Law; and Engineering.
Elizade University lies in a pristine location in the luscious hills of llara-Mokin in Ondo State. dotted with red brick walls, state-of-the-art facilities for physical and menial development. The Governing Council of Elizade University, ilara-Mokin wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Location: llara-Mokin, Ondo
The Position of Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Principal Academic and Executive Officer of the University and ex-officio Chairman of the Senate and Member of Council.
- He shall exercise general supervision over the University and shall hove general responsibility to Council for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the University.
- It shall also be the duty of the Vice-Chancellor to see that the provisions of the law and statute, ordinances and regulations of the University are observed, and he may exercise such powers as may be necessary or expedient for that purpose.
- The person for the position of Vice-Chancellor is required to possess a good university education of a recognized university and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidate shall have the following attributes;
- Be 50 years old and above, but not older than 65 years by March, 2018.
- Be a highly distinguished scholar of the rank of Professor of not less than ten (10) years experience on that rank, with ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University community.
- Must possess some industrial or government experience or both during his career so far.
- Must be proficient in ICT
- Be able to key into and drive the University’s Vision and Mission;
- Be able to actualize the University Teaching and Learning Philosophy;
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health; and
- Must have evidence of fund or research grant attracted.
- Be able to command the respect of the notional and international academic communities through his track records.
- Possess a clear vision for the development of the University and realization of its mission.
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to strengthen the bridges between staff, students, other members of the University community and the University’s stake holders;
- Exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract much needed funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University;
- Be able to drive linkages, interact with the business world and be innovative;
- Have demonstrable ability to establish and maintain partnerships with local and international governmental and non-governmental agencies.
Terms of Conditions of Service
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service will be determined by the Governing Council and Board of Trustees of the University as appropriate.
Application Closing Date
26th December, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications which should be made in:
- Twenty (20) copies and be accompanied by twenty (20) copies of the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae duly signed and dated. The curriculum vitae must contain details of the candidate’s names in full, age, marital status, educational attainment, nationality, professional and academic achievements.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three (3) referees. Each Referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidate’s character. academic and managerial competences in a properly sealed envelope marked Post of Vice-Chancellor: Referee’ at the top left hand corner of the envelope
- Each application must be accompanied by twenty (20) copies of statement of the candidate’s vision for the University in the twenty first century
- In the case of candidates identified by the search Team, the application shall conform to the requirement in (i) to (iii) above, and in addition, the candidate shall present a letter of consent duly signed by him/her along with the application.
All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
- The sealed envelope(s) containing the applications or nominations should be marked “Post of Vice-Chancellor” at the top left hand corner and forwarded to reach the Registrar and Secretary to Council not later than the closing Date stated above.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted