eHealth Africa Vacant Job Position – Share & Apply!
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Department: eHA Clinic
Employment Type: Full-Time National Employee
Purpose of the Position
- The role encompasses nursing assessment, diagnosis, planning, intervention, evaluation, and coordination of care for patients across the healthcare continuum involving families.
- Duties include but are not limited to, managing patients with various medical cases.
- The Registered Nurse provides direct and indirect care for assigned patients in various nursing units and home visits per scheduled shift.
- The Registered Nurse is primarily responsible for professional performance and safe patient care.
What You’ll do
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Operate all unit-required equipment safely.
- Ensure availability and maintenance of supplies and equipment needed for the unit and patient care.
- Accountable for the use of patients’ and hospital’s resources.
- Accountable to the patient, the organization, the profession and self.
- Perform clerical duties when needed.
- Provide basic life support when needed.
- Administer medications, monitor desirable and undesirable effects and intervene appropriately.
- Ensure that patients are provided with appropriate nutrition.
- Manage patients with infectious diseases when applicable.
- Manage pediatric patients with infectious diseases when applicable.
- Travel to patients’ homes to deliver care as required.
- Strictly follow clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures set by the clinic management.
- Perform patient assessment using appropriate, problem focused, and age-specific assessment techniques.
- Analyze the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patients needs, formulate a plan of care, implement and evaluate the outcome.
- Document all relevant data in the electronic medical record according to clinic standards.
- Treat patients and families with care and respect while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Involve the patient, significant others, and health care providers in the plan of care when appropriate.
- Collaborate with other disciplines through multidisciplinary meetings and care conferences to facilitate patient care and operations.
- Initiate appropriate discharge plan.
- Recognize subtle cues to anticipate potential problems.
- Demonstrate required assessment and therapeutic skills.
- Implement and monitor infection control measures.
- Apply safety measures related to patient care.
Patient & Family Education/Support:
- Participate in voluntary community health activities to promote, maintain and restore health and prevent diseases.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Provide emotional support and measures to alleviate fear and anxiety.
- Assess patient and family readiness and identifying learning needs.
- Lead/encourage multidisciplinary approach for patient’s discharge.
- Develop and implement the teaching plan utilizing patient education manual.
- Document patient and family education.
Who you are
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job:
- Knowledge and skills to provide vaccination.
- Knowledge and skills to perform minor trauma care including suturing, plaster casting, I&D, debridement etc.
- Knowledge and skills to stabilize trauma patients prior to transport to higher level of care.
- Proficient in using a computer for patient care, documentation and communication.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegate, and make timely/quality decisions.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Nursing from an accredited nursing college, University with High Distinction (Top 10% of graduating class).
- Must have current clinical experience in direct patient care and have worked a minimum of 24 months in a 20+ bed hospital in the last 3 years.
- Must have at least 3 years of postgraduate nursing experience in an accredited University Teaching, Federal Medical Centre or International hospital.
- Hold and maintain a current nursing license to practice in Nigeria..
- Ability to pass a written knowledge test and interview.
Customer Service Requirements:
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to different situation they encounter daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations and taking appropriate decisions.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated and patient.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage on the job stress.
- Must be focused, very detailed and be creative in making decision.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- The EHA Clinic work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The EHA Clinic operation policy does not deprive employees from their fundamental human right.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, sits; walk; stand; bend; The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop or knee sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply